06-09-2011 11:22 AM
252 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Has any one tried this on the new software version LS670ZVD update?

Or found any wifi and or wired tether app that works on ZVD?
    03-10-2011 05:07 AM
    ditto....ZVD killed the hotspot widget.
    03-11-2011 10:41 AM
    The thread has been unstuck as VD breaks it. I warned of this in November when i posted the thread. Those with unrooted phones should just be happy they had 5 months of this service free

Your options now are:
    1) Call Sprint and pay for the tethering service.
    2) Root your phone.
    03-11-2011 07:26 PM
    wonder how long it will take someone to find a fix..
    03-11-2011 10:52 PM
    wonder how long it will take someone to find a fix..
    There is no fix. The only options are listed above. Sprint/LG left open a hole that other manufacturers have been patching for a while, it was a mistake and you can be assured they won't do it again.
    03-11-2011 10:58 PM
    I am driving, riding actually, and using my optimus as a hotspot, we basically having a mobile LAN party. Anyways I've been using it for a hotspot since late Dec and haven't been charged for it. Still using the v9 software.

Funny part is I'm sending this from my evo.
    03-12-2011 01:46 AM
    is this a force update pushed by sprint or do u have to agree to install it? i have update thats been ready but i havent updated cuz there was nothing wrong with my phone
    03-12-2011 09:38 AM
    is this a force update pushed by sprint or do u have to agree to install it? i have update thats been ready but i havent updated cuz there was nothing wrong with my phone
    You have to agree to the updates Sprint pushes to you also.

So far Sprint has not made VD and OTA update yet. It is only for LG Software Updater side-loading right now. Eventually that will change. You should always choose the LG Software Updater method. Do NOT take the OTA updates.
    03-12-2011 12:42 PM
    The thread has been unstuck as VD breaks it. I warned of this in November when i posted the thread. Those with unrooted phones should just be happy they had 5 months of this service free

Your options now are:
    1) Call Sprint and pay for the tethering service.
    2) Root your phone.
    And what do you do with 2 ? what about C) leave VC on don't update.
    what app will tether in AP mode on VD ad-hoc is point less in my book.
    03-13-2011 05:16 PM
    what app will tether in AP mode on VD ad-hoc is point less in my book.
    I haven't found any. They are all ad-hoc as far as I can tell.
    03-13-2011 05:38 PM
    I haven't found any. They are all ad-hoc as far as I can tell.
    Ya that sucks thats why i'm still running 2.1 on my Epic wifi tether 3.0 pre XX is kinda flakey on froyo. That and the EB13 froyo that samsuck and sprint put out sucks and is full of bugs.

Well i guess i will just leave my GFs Optimus on VC. And anyone got a link to some info on how to block the update popup from showing when sprint starts to push it OTA
    03-13-2011 05:46 PM
    Well, I messed with mine a little more and somehow now the wifi hotspot works. Running VD with ThundeROM1.8 on a fresh reboot. I'm using Hotspot Toggle widget from the market. I'm posting from my tethered laptop right now.

Painfully sloooow but it works.
    03-13-2011 06:40 PM
    Ya that sucks thats why i'm still running 2.1 on my Epic wifi tether 3.0 pre XX is kinda flakey on froyo. That and the EB13 froyo that samsuck and sprint put out sucks and is full of bugs.

Well i guess i will just leave my GFs Optimus on VC. And anyone got a link to some info on how to block the update popup from showing when sprint starts to push it OTA
    Someone mentioned something along the lines of pressing the info button on the prompt to install the update, then pulling the battery at the next screen. Upon reboot the prompt is never given again to install the update and it doesn't get installed.
    03-13-2011 10:51 PM
    Well, I messed with mine a little more and somehow now the wifi hotspot works. Running VD with ThundeROM1.8 on a fresh reboot. I'm using Hotspot Toggle widget from the market. I'm posting from my tethered laptop right now.

Painfully sloooow but it works.
    It (the widget) will work on ThundeROM 1.8 because of a change we made but as you're experiencing, our results were inconsistant. That will not work on a stock VD phone.
    03-13-2011 11:02 PM
    pda net,free download on the market
    03-14-2011 11:42 PM
    I STUPIDLY allowed my phone to update all the while having a gut wrenching feeling that I was going to lose my "WiFi Hotspot" and I did. Now I am pissed at myself for doing this and I REFUSE to pay Sprint an addition 30 bucks a month for something that I supposedly have anyway.
    I went round and round with a rep the other day asking why I had to pay the fee when I already have unlimited data on my plan, and all she could say was that because I could connect up to 5 devices and have unrestricted bandwidth, is why. I just wanted to scream at her and say that if my plan already has unlimited, why do I have to pay more for unlimited??
    I hope someone can figure out a way around this. I am too tech-phobic to try rooting my phone.

Chris
    03-17-2011 05:09 PM
    I STUPIDLY allowed my phone to update all the while having a gut wrenching feeling that I was going to lose my "WiFi Hotspot" and I did. Now I am pissed at myself for doing this and I REFUSE to pay Sprint an addition 30 bucks a month for something that I supposedly have anyway.
    I went round and round with a rep the other day asking why I had to pay the fee when I already have unlimited data on my plan, and all she could say was that because I could connect up to 5 devices and have unrestricted bandwidth, is why. I just wanted to scream at her and say that if my plan already has unlimited, why do I have to pay more for unlimited??
    I hope someone can figure out a way around this. I am too tech-phobic to try rooting my phone.

Chris
    Unless you want to root your phone, you're SOL (sorry). I know exactly how they did and and theres no plan B. Root or pay are your options if you want wireless tethering.
    03-17-2011 05:49 PM
    Today my hotspot widget stoped working do to no available service... I have deleted it than redownloaded it, I have went so far as to hard reset phone, all in vain, of course... Can anyone give any ideas, optimus s, updated
    03-18-2011 03:17 PM
    i've got no problem rooting, but all of the root wifi tethering programs set this up as an adhoc network, which won't work with ipod/ipad/etc devices. if there was an available infrastructure tether, this would be perfect, as it seems like my battery life was slightly improved with zvd
    03-18-2011 03:24 PM
    I have the latest update and am running off the widget app's connection right now...
    03-18-2011 03:58 PM
    there's no way unless you are running thunderrom.
    03-18-2011 04:50 PM
    i've got no problem rooting, but all of the root wifi tethering programs set this up as an adhoc network, which won't work with ipod/ipad/etc devices. if there was an available infrastructure tether, this would be perfect, as it seems like my battery life was slightly improved with zvd
    See ThundeROM change log. AP mode with the regular widget works. As I said before, I know exactly what their fix was.
    03-18-2011 04:55 PM
    so if the fix is known, why can't it be bypassed with a stock rom rooted phone?
    03-18-2011 05:03 PM
    Today my hotspot widget stoped working do to no available service... I have deleted it than redownloaded it, I have went so far as to hard reset phone, all in vain, of course... Can anyone give any ideas, optimus s, updated
    I am in the same boat.

Sprint pushed the update last night and now my Quick Settings / Hotspot On thing no longer works.

I've read through the forums for a couple of hours now and I'm at the point where I'm sure I have to root if I want to fix this problem. However... there are many different root options - V9, VC, VD, and I don't know what it all means.

So much of the information appears to be based on older operating systems, now that I"m on whatever version of the sprint firmware I'm on , will any of those work ?

What is my next move ?
    03-19-2011 09:21 AM
    I am in the same boat.

Sprint pushed the update last night and now my Quick Settings / Hotspot On thing no longer works.

I've read through the forums for a couple of hours now and I'm at the point where I'm sure I have to root if I want to fix this problem. However... there are many different root options - V9, VC, VD, and I don't know what it all means.

So much of the information appears to be based on older operating systems, now that I"m on whatever version of the sprint firmware I'm on , will any of those work ?

What is my next move ?
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...-ls670zvd.html
    03-19-2011 09:47 AM
252 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD