12-19-2015 02:01 AM
102 ... 345
tools
    I have some similar issues as above in reference to Angry Birds. This has only happened twice (although I do get the sd unmount regularly) but what happens is my phone automatically reboots and then when I go to my apps, angry birds, pandora, yelp and a few other apps turn into generic android icons and when I try to open them, a screen pops up saying, "Sorry! The application Launcher Pro has stopped unexpectedly. Options are Force Close or Report. Anyone else have this going on, what can I do?
    Yup all of that has happened to me, but it usually reboots when your not using the phone right? Then again you just said when you go to your apps so that's even worse! that has yet to happen to me. By the way I have not had any problems so far, since moving all of the apps out of the sd card, I'm just waiting for the new card to arrive.
    12-22-2010 03:36 PM
    I'm going to make a guess here. The phone goes dormant/asleep. The SD card shuts down.
    When the phone is awakened, it tries to access the SD card before the SD card is ready for access, which triggers the dismount response.
    If this is indeed the case, it would seem that a simple software update could give the awakened phone more time before trying to access the SD card.
    Or perhaps, the phone shuts down/sleeps before properly closing all activity on the SD card, causing it to hang when re-accessed.
    Note that I have no specific statistics to base this on; it's just a hunch, based on years of IT experiences.
    Also, I wonder if manually dismounting the card before a shutdown or sleep mode would prevent the problem.
    12-19-2015 02:01 AM
102 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD