Benchmarks?

olmos.lalo

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone post Quadrant and Linpack scores? I want to see what this thing can do!;)
And can anyone confirm if the Optimus has 512mb ram?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
i personally don't run the benchmarks. they are good for comparing one handset to the next, but not actually telling you how the phone performs. i can say that my phone is very snappy and very rarely lags.

I'll get the occasional lag on a webpage (but so did my EVO) but not in everyday use.

olmos.lalo

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
i personally don't run the benchmarks. they are good for comparing one handset to the next, but not actually telling you how the phone performs. i can say that my phone is very snappy and very rarely lags.

I'll get the occasional lag on a webpage (but so did my EVO) but not in everyday use.

Well I do want to compare it to my Transform lol

dishe

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The GPU (same one found on the EVO) is what really shines on this unit, and the benchmarks don't really show you how just how awesome that makes it.

You see, hardware accelerated apps like the Gallery, actually *outperform* the EVO (forget the Transform, I'm talking about their FLAGSHIP here) because it has the same GPU with only half the pixels to render. The user experience is snappy and responsive, despite the frugal CPU because it doesn't need to do much other than let the GPU work its magic.
But since the main CPU is clocked lower than the Tranform, the benchmark numbers won't reflect this, and makes it really an unfair comparison.

Only way to properly test is try them side by side. In my experience, the Transform/Intercept/Moment are all very laggy compared to the Optimus. I think you'll find most people agree.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance