Ok,
    For some reason after rooting and installing the recommended apps I can no longer mount my Optimus S as a disk drive that can be seen by Windows. I don't get the option in the notification bar. Anyone have a clue what could be causing this?
    11-11-2010 08:06 AM
    try rebooting the phone and restarting your computer. root wouldn't stop you from mounting as a disk drive. what apps did you install?
    11-11-2010 08:08 AM
    See the link in my signature for my installed apps. The recommended ones I installed CalWQidget, CacheMate for Root Users Free & MinFreeManager. The funny thing is, I reboot my phone every morning and it doesn't work on my computer at home or at work (both shutdown at night).
    11-11-2010 08:11 AM
    Were you able to mount it as a drive immediately after you rooted?
    11-11-2010 08:33 AM
    Were you able to mount it as a drive immediately after you rooted?
    Yes.
    11-11-2010 09:55 AM
    Yes.
    Is your phone recognizing your card?

Sent from my Optimus T
    11-11-2010 10:15 AM
    Yes, my phone sees the card fine. Is there something in the phone preventing it since I moved apps to it?
    11-11-2010 10:17 AM
    Yes, my phone sees the card fine. Is there something in the phone preventing it since I moved apps to it?
    There shouldn't be. But just to be sure move them back and see what happens. I moved apps to mine and it's still recognized.

Sent from my Optimus T
    11-11-2010 10:18 AM
    See the link in my signature for my installed apps. The recommended ones I installed CalWQidget, CacheMate for Root Users Free & MinFreeManager. The funny thing is, I reboot my phone every morning and it doesn't work on my computer at home or at work (both shutdown at night).
    11-11-2010 10:18 AM
    Um- you realize that link your signature is to http://www.appbrain.com/my_apps right?
    That will show each user their OWN apps, not yours. You need the URL to reflect your username.
    try now?
    11-11-2010 10:20 AM
    Um- you realize that link your signature is to http://www.appbrain.com/my_apps right?
    That will show each user their OWN apps, not yours. You need the URL to reflect your username.
    Lol I forgot to point that out. Sorry.

Sent from my Optimus T
    11-11-2010 10:37 AM
    Lol I forgot to point that out. Sorry.

Sent from my Optimus T
    Meh, you're only human
    11-11-2010 10:57 AM
    You have to have the drivers installed. I have the Optimus
    S and I could'nt mount my sd card at home until I had installed the drivers from the root tutorial. I have the same problem at work but I cant install them without admin privileges.

Same time happened with my EVO, but the evo was a little easier to get around at work because the drivers come on the sd card.
    11-11-2010 03:26 PM
    You have to have the drivers installed. I have the Optimus
    S and I could'nt mount my sd card at home until I had installed the drivers from the root tutorial. I have the same problem at work but I cant install them without admin privileges.

Same time happened with my EVO, but the evo was a little easier to get around at work because the drivers come on the sd card.
    He is rooted. So he does have the drivers installed.

Sent from my Optimus T
    11-11-2010 03:39 PM
    The download fails for me at work since I got my computer imaged to a new machine.

Sent from my LG Optimis S using Tapatalk Pro
    11-11-2010 03:40 PM
    Do you still have USB debugging turned on? Try turning that off.
    11-11-2010 05:11 PM
    He is rooted. So he does have the drivers installed.

Sent from my Optimus T
    I have them installed at home. Gonna try to get them at work again, just wish I had a way to download the seperate installers......
    11-12-2010 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD