Apps to help replace missing LED's on Optimus phones

oraphus

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'v been using "missed reminders" app. its ok.
the thing that really annoys me about it is that the little notification icon does not go away after you view the missed text. So that means you have to see the text and then again hit the notification icon for it to clear and stop flashing your screen.

Also, Flashnotify does not stop flashing once it starts. Meaning once i get a text it starts flashing... then i view the text and leave the phone alone. But it continues flashing like i have a new text.. when i dont, and the one i had is alrady cleared from it. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:

infid3lkastro

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'v been using "missed reminders" app. its ok.
the thing that really annoys me about it is that the little notification icon does not go away after you view the missed text. So that means you have to see the text and then again hit the notification icon for it to clear and stop flashing your screen.

Also, Flashnotify does not stop flashing once it starts. Meaning once i get a text it starts flashing... then i view the text and leave the phone alone. But it continues flashing like i have a new text.. when i dont, and the one i had is alrady cleared from it. Anyone else notice this?
i use Flashnotify. i've noticed what you've just described and it annoyed me at first, but i've developed a new habit of checking things out thru the notification window/clicking the flash bulb. i find that saves me the trouble of chk'ing missed txt from the sms app and going bk up to clear notifications.

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you go into FlashNotify settings in the AppDrawer (I think that's what it's called) you can set the notification frequency and how long to do it for. You can also choose to disable the bulb on the notifications bar too.

gogetter20002

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I am trying all 3 since I cannot have my phone on me since being a mechanic makes it bad having your phone on ya while working, anything to get my attention is needed............

beav395

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I started using NoLed and it seems to work fine. When a notification arrives a little icon appears on the screen. One nice feature is each type of notification has its one icon that appears on the screen. Email, SMS, voicemail, missed call, gtalk, etc. all have their own icon and if you have more than one type of notification multiple icons will appear on the screen.

I was really missing a led light but this app completely solved the problem.

Thanks

kcmookie

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Stupid question here, what are those weird look SKU squares at the start of the post? Am I supposed to just scan those with my phone or something?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Stupid question here, what are those weird look SKU squares at the start of the post? Am I supposed to just scan those with my phone or something?

They are QR codes. Download any of the free scanners from the market that support QR codes like "barcode scanner" (free), open it up, point it at the QR, marvel at the magic of modern technology :)

kronosx1

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

they are QR codes. like upcs. you can scan then using a scanner in the android store and they act as a direct link.

frood

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have mixed message flasher set to 50ms, and My screen still flashes. I am on thunder rom 1.5. Any thing I can do to prevent this?

I used the default 250ms on mixed message flasher and it works great for me! The button LEDs are pretty dim though. I'm on Thunder Rom 1.5 as well.

droidfool

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Mixed Message Flasher

Can someone tell me where to get Mixed Message Flasher.
I can't find it on AppBrain or by googling it.
Thanks..

NEVER MIND-I think I found it. It's called Missed Message Flasher (not Mixed :) ). Says it uses a lot of battery..

Last edited:

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Question about 'Flash Notify' on Optimus S

Someone was kind enough to recommend this app for notifications due to the lack of LED on the Optimus...I was just wondering if anyone else has used it and if so, what kind of hit it takes on the battery.

Thanks!

J43

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I installed it right after getting the phone, but it doesn't seem to alert watchdog lite for battery usage. I have it so it flashes every 30 seconds and without a notification sound and I don't think it affects my battery much. it flashes very quickly.

Reactions: jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I installed it right after getting the phone, but it doesn't seem to alert watchdog lite for battery usage. I have it so it flashes every 30 seconds and without a notification sound and I don't think it affects my battery much. it flashes very quickly.

Yes, I've noticed it doesn't even flash for MMS...but that's ok. Missed calls and texts are good enough I suppose. I was mainly worried about battery life. Thank you! :)

fatal99

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I love it! It does flash very quickly and sometimes I don't notice it but I use Facebook Pop as a notification. It is a very descreet sound that only I usually even notice. When I get a text/mms/missed call I have it go off every 30 seconds for 15 minutes after it comes in. It's a great little app and seems to have very little effect on my battery

Bone_Enterprise

Nov 12, 2010
www.digital-ops.net
Just a sugestion, you really should stop making new threads for every question you have about something, when there are threads already posted about the topic of which your threads seem to always be related to.

For instance KSmithInNY already linked you to this thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...help-replace-missing-leds-optimus-phones.html
Which would be a good place to ask this question in as it is related to your subject.

Otherwise they will keep locking your threads, the forum search feature is your friend, forum clutter is not. =)

*edit*
I see the thread I posted in has been moved, thank you Beezy, Ksmith, or whomever moved it to the correct location.

Last edited:

hopfrog

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Can the Optimus S's lighted buttons be turned on without also turning on the screen?

Hello; here's a question:

Does anyone know if it would be possible to write a program that would flash the Optimus S's lighted buttons as a notification without also flashing the screen? Or, in other words, can the lighting of the screen and the buttons on the Optimus S be separately controlled?

I know that by running "Missed Message Flasher," one can sort of manage this, by setting the screen and buttons to flash so briefly that the screen doesn't have time to turn on.

But I wonder if there is a way that a developer with enough knowledge could create a program that could really have the lighted buttons turn on and off, without making the screen turn on, however long the buttons are set to flash?

It would be nice to have a dedicated app to control the flashing buttons independently from the screen backlight, but I don't know if the hardware on the Optimus allows this, even in theory (For all I know, it's the very same wire that powers both the button lights and the LCD backlight, which would be unfortunate).

Any thoughts?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan