Screen Lock when placing a call

phxdroid

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
When I use the dialer and make a call, at the conclusion when i pull the phone away from my ear the screen is black and will not turn on to be able to end call. I try tapping the screen, pressing the home, menu, return, search keys; and pressing the power button to no avail. This occurs everytime I place a call, and the screen will come on 1 out of 6 or 7 times.

The phone is stock: I downloaded another dialer, but since removed and have done several battery pulls.

Am i missing something painfully obvious?

I will perform a full wipe tonight, but wondering:
1) others experiencing?
2) other suggestions for resolving?

I posted on the android forums for optimus as well...

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
hmm..honestly. with how the optimus is supposed to work..the censer is to turn the screen on once its away from your ear/face..if it has been doing this from the start i would say its a defective handset..and trying to fix that problem shouldnt have to..if you don't see a change after you wipe it. i would say return, thats a legit problem for a swap.

but then again maybe someone does have a fix for it on this forum.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
hmm..honestly. with how the optimus is supposed to work..the censer is to turn the screen on once its away from your ear/face..if it has been doing this from the start i would say its a defective handset..and trying to fix that problem shouldnt have to..if you don't see a change after you wipe it. i would say return, thats a legit problem for a swap.

but then again maybe someone does have a fix for it on this forum.

Agreed. The Optimus has a proximity sensor which should be handling the screen on screen off functions when talking. Mine works as it should so maybe if the wipe is a no go on fixing it see if you duplicate the issue at a store and they should exchange it as defective.

btown

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine did the exact same thing as what you described, I hadn't seen anybody else with the issue until I read your post today. That's when I figured it was defective, so I took it back and got a new one. Sure enough, works perfectly. Yours is defective too.

Gr8hifi

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine works in phone calls but not in voicemails. Drives me crazy when I "fat face" the screen buttons when trying to listen to my VM's...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana