Anybody know how to add battery % or numbers to the battery icon on LG optimus S?

thanks

Alex
    11-24-2010 09:48 AM
    yes, i completed it last night. Also completed the sync animation, gps location animation, upload animation, download animation. Will finish the charging animation tonight.

This requires hundreds of PNG image edits and hundreds of lines of XML code changes. Then you must decompile the Framework-res.apk, make the changes, and recompile the framework so the resources.arsc gets updated properly with the image locations.

The next version of ThundeROM will have all these.
    11-24-2010 10:06 AM
    Wow thank u
    Quick question - Do i need to wipe everything on my phone and update to your new version or is it possible to update and retain all of my currently installed apps and settings? I'm on your V1 rom now and love it. Great job
    11-24-2010 10:12 AM
    Wow thank u
    Quick question - Do i need to wipe everything on my phone and update to your new version or is it possible to update and retain all of my currently installed apps and settings? I'm on your V1 rom now and love it. Great job
    you'll need to wipe dalvik and cache. Probably not data though because i dont think any of our other changes are going to call for that. Just wiping cache and dalvik will leave all your information such as apps, contacts, texts, emails, etc, etc all in tact.

When we release we'll note if you need a full wipe or dalvik, cache wipe. You always need to follow the directions of the developer, if they say wipe everything then wipe it all. If they say not necessary then do what they say. Also when going from 1 developers ROM to another (when more are available) you always want to do a full wipe between ROMs.
    11-24-2010 10:16 AM
    Cool. Thanks. Btw if you need beta testers or any other help please let me know. Good way of learning things and helping out the community
    11-24-2010 10:18 AM
    yes, i completed it last night. Also completed the sync animation, gps location animation, upload animation, download animation. Will finish the charging animation tonight.

This requires hundreds of PNG image edits and hundreds of lines of XML code changes. Then you must decompile the Framework-res.apk, make the changes, and recompile the framework so the resources.arsc gets updated properly with the image locations.

The next version of ThundeROM will have all these.
    What do you use to de/re-compile the apk? I tried apktool to add roam only to phone.apk but even without making any changes to anything apktool regenerates an invalid apk. It wasn't failing because of signature, but something was missing from the resources. It would generate a file half the original's size, again without changing anything (just dumping and rebuilding).
    11-24-2010 03:58 PM
    What do you use to de/re-compile the apk? I tried apktool to add roam only to phone.apk but even without making any changes to anything apktool regenerates an invalid apk. It wasn't failing because of signature, but something was missing from the resources. It would generate a file half the original's size, again without changing anything (just dumping and rebuilding).
    You can manually add roam only???

That would be a WIN!

(I'm aware there is an app in the market to do this, but I don't want it enough to pay- more like, I like knowing its there if I ever need it, but probably won't anytime soon).
    11-24-2010 06:07 PM
    You can manually add roam only???

That would be a WIN!

(I'm aware there is an app in the market to do this, but I don't want it enough to pay- more like, I like knowing its there if I ever need it, but probably won't anytime soon).
    The problem right now is LG put string blocks on some of the XML files so unless someone already knows EXACTLY whats in the XML, there's no way to edit it. If someone were to know what's in the XML, i could probably recompile it to use the new XML but there are probably 3 or 4 different XML's that would need to be edited if i had to guess. Maybe CDMA settings? Maybe network settings? Either way something in /XML will also need to be edited (in addition to what i mentioned above) to tell the new XML lines what their function is when selected.

sounds fun huh?
    11-24-2010 07:59 PM
    Looks like ver 1.2 of thunderom now includes this.
    11-25-2010 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD