If you don't have an Optimus S now is the perfect time to get one if you are opening a new line or are upgrade eligible. For a limited time, until December 5th, Sprint is offering the LG Optimus S completely free, with no mail-in-rebate hoopla.

Via: Sprint.com
    11-27-2010 01:44 AM
    I bought the phone 2 weeks ago. I managed to get the pricematch and got refunded the $150 but I didn't get my taxes back. Still a good deal!
    11-27-2010 10:23 AM
    I bought the phone 2 weeks ago. I managed to get the pricematch and got refunded the $150 but I didn't get my taxes back. Still a good deal!
    how you do that???
    11-27-2010 11:41 AM
    Ordered an Optimus S from Walmart.com on Thursday. Added a new line of service the phone is free plus Wal-Mart is sending out a $100 gift card!
    11-27-2010 11:57 AM
    My boss just bought 5 of these just last week, I need to let him know about this.
    They were $50 each when we got them.
    11-27-2010 12:48 PM
    I tried Walmart first but the night of the 25th was the last night they did the $100 gift card, and i was trying at 1 AM the 26th. I ended up going through Sprint.com. You get the phone free, activation waived, and i also got $50 off my first or second bill. ( If you click cancel during checkout it will take you to a reconsider type page offering you the $50 discount. Then you just click continue and it will be added.
    11-27-2010 06:51 PM
    Walmart is good with price matching. Surprised you didn't get the tax back. I'm hoping Executive Services can do something for me since I'm already in discussion with them about having been charged twice for the phone, and awaiting the credit for the dead one i returned.
    11-27-2010 07:05 PM
    I have sero so I had to buy the phones from sprint. I just called the ordering department and they said they would refund me the money.
    11-28-2010 07:05 AM
    just curious I will be upgrading from a palm pre, would the optimus s be a step back? I am seriously considering this phone while it is free, instead of dropping 200 plus an extra 10 a month on an evo.
    11-28-2010 11:36 PM
    Well just in my opinion, the Optimus is a better phone. I've been a long time Palm User and owned several Palm devices, both phones and PDAs. I had considered, when the Pre and the Pixi came out, upgrading to them, but I just really didn't like how they looked. Sure, some of the Pre's features are better, but I just can't say I like the way WebOS works.

Also on the topic: Glad I didn't buy this phone when I was thinking of :P Had thought of buying it on Wednesday (before Thanksgiving) since I was going to be working and I knew it'd be dead, but decided it'd probably be better to wait until Black Friday. Seems like a good choice
    11-29-2010 12:59 PM
    I ordered a pair over the phone from Sprint last Friday, and paid z-e-r-o. They even waived shipping and the fee they charge for switching over to a new phone. We're still waiting, and suffering with our Palm Centros until they arrive.
    11-29-2010 05:25 PM
    First and foremost, Awesome forum! ..

I ordered 2 of these yesterday for f-r-e-e and they are already Out For Delivery! .. Sprint loves to Overnight Ship stuff .. gotta love it. Can't wait to crack into this thing.
    11-30-2010 08:40 AM
    I ordered a pair over the phone from Sprint last Friday, and paid z-e-r-o. They even waived shipping and the fee they charge for switching over to a new phone. We're still waiting, and suffering with our Palm Centros until they arrive.
    Looks like I'm not the only one upgrading from a Centro :P If you need any help on transferring your contacts and such shoot me a PM. Not hard to do but couldn't find any tutorials on it myself :P
    11-30-2010 09:46 AM
    To anyone who's gotten one of these via this offer, is this an outright free phone with no mail-in rebates, or is this "they wave the 49.99 it would've otherwise cost after the $100 mail in rebate"... but you still have to do that mail-in rebate to get it "free"?

I'm asking because I upgraded to the Optimus S the Thursday before Thanksgiving (so paid 150 at the time, then got a mail-in rebate for 100 dollars). After seeing this deal, I emailed Sprint support asking if I could instead take advantage of this "free Optimus offer" since it's only been a week. Without any further comment, they credited my bill 50 dollars directly, explaining that I'll still have to mail in the 100 dollar rebate. However, if that's not the true case for the current deal (and instead the phone should outright just be "free") I'm gonna follow-up with them.

If anyone could please let me know as soon as possible, so I can get in under the 12/5 deadline... I'd really appreciate it.
    11-30-2010 11:48 AM
    To anyone who's gotten one of these via this offer, is this an outright free phone with no mail-in rebates, or is this "they wave the 49.99 it would've otherwise cost after the $100 mail in rebate"... but you still have to do that mail-in rebate to get it "free"?

I'm asking because I upgraded to the Optimus S the Thursday before Thanksgiving (so paid 150 at the time, then got a mail-in rebate for 100 dollars). After seeing this deal, I emailed Sprint support asking if I could instead take advantage of this "free Optimus offer" since it's only been a week. Without any further comment, they credited my bill 50 dollars directly, explaining that I'll still have to mail in the 100 dollar rebate. However, if that's not the true case for the current deal (and instead the phone should outright just be "free") I'm gonna follow-up with them.

If anyone could please let me know as soon as possible, so I can get in under the 12/5 deadline... I'd really appreciate it.
    The current deal is absolutely free from the start. On the page where you select your phone and see the discounts, replacing the $100 mail in rebate is a $150 web promotion discount.

EDIT: That being said, I think Sprint is doing you a solid. They already issued you a mail-in rebate form and your account is already "rebate eligible." I'm betting the Sprint rep on the phone does not have authorization to give you the full $150 back because he/she can't remove that eligibility. It will end up being a free phone for you.
    11-30-2010 11:56 AM
    Did anyone else get charged the $18 activation fee? I got mine for free from Radio Shack a few weeks ago with a promotion, and now they want to collect an activation fee.

Does this deal charge the fee?
    11-30-2010 11:56 AM
    Did anyone else get charged the $18 activation fee? I got mine for free from Radio Shack a few weeks ago with a promotion, and now they want to collect an activation fee.

Does this deal charge the fee?
    No, no activation fee. Deal or no deal, they normally waive activation fees when you buy/upgrade and then activate directly from sprint.com. Going 3rd party, not so much...
    11-30-2010 12:02 PM
    Ordered mine today from Sprint.com. Zero - $0 out of pocket. I added the BodyGlove case, for some protection.

Coming from an early Palm Pre adopter. My Pre is slowly disintegrating. I have the dreaded crack by the USB port, cannot charge in any car only on AC power, and the reception is poor in my marginal area.

What pushed me over the top from waiting for either the next WebOS phone on Sprint (sigh) or a better Android phone (read more $ as well as larger/higher rez screen, more CPU/GPU)? Two things: Free and Much better reception from all I've read on LG and specifically the Optimus line.

Maybe the phone of my lust-filled dreams will pop up after the new year, but I'll be that much closer to my one year upgrade as a Sprint Premiere account holder. I can handle not having the best, if I have a phone as good as the Optimus S seems to be to most reviewers.

I think I'll cruise with the stock build for a while, then jump into the custom ROM that KSmithInNY & Beezy have worked so hard and done so well on. I like the idea of a custom phone-lover geek-tainted ROM. Looking forward to my first ROOT on this fine hardware.

So, for me, I'll take the Boss Mustang that the LG Optimus S is, and lust after the Lamborghini that the next EVO 4G or Galaxy S might be around the corner.

Thank you to all the contributors here. I'm new and proud to be here, & mighty happy that y'all are here too.
    11-30-2010 09:06 PM
    Well just in my opinion, the Optimus is a better phone. I've been a long time Palm User and owned several Palm devices, both phones and PDAs. I had considered, when the Pre and the Pixi came out, upgrading to them, but I just really didn't like how they looked. Sure, some of the Pre's features are better, but I just can't say I like the way WebOS works.

Also on the topic: Glad I didn't buy this phone when I was thinking of :P Had thought of buying it on Wednesday (before Thanksgiving) since I was going to be working and I knew it'd be dead, but decided it'd probably be better to wait until Black Friday. Seems like a good choice

Thanks for the advice, I used my upgrade on it yesterday and i am using it now! LOVE IT!!!
    11-30-2010 09:35 PM
    just ordered myself one of these also. Will be coming from a modded hero. Looking forward to the change, all through I love my Hero.
    11-30-2010 09:45 PM
    Got refunded for mine that I ordered online. Still waiting for the outcome of the phone I sent back. The rep is going to try to file a dispute on the charge for the returned phone until the warehouse processes it.
    12-01-2010 05:48 AM
    I was at Best Buy yesterday and they said they would price match sprint.com and give it to me for free. I was hemming and hawin cause I want the evo, but I reckon, did I just say reckon..that I can get the evo later on, or something better.

Being a Sprint Premier customer, you can upgrade every year so its all good.

Optimus here I come.....today this afternoon.

Any fav apps ?
    12-01-2010 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD