Battery Life Getting Worse

outdors21

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
The first week I had the Optimus, the battery was amazing. 16 hours with normal usage.

The past week (3rd week I've had it), the battery is draining faster and faster. Now I can't go more than 5-6 hours of normal usage without plugging it in.

Any ideas?

I have the latest update, don't run a task killer, and am not constantly using data.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
most likely 3rd party apps that are installed. did you install something that u didn't install during first week?

AdrianJNYC

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
My battery life still seem to be pretty strong. I generally don't like overloading the phone with all those unnecessary apps that I won't be using. The LG Optimus S comes with the same battery as most next generation smartphones.

s33ker

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My battery reports itself as 1200mah in battery-related apps.

The battery is marked 1500mah. Anyone else have that?

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey outdors21 I have this app installed its called Superpower v0.75 its a app that this dude made over at xda web site it was for other phones and never mentioned are phone but ever since I installed it I use my web alot and text so it was a great battery for a while but I always like to over dew on extra battery saving you get way more saving options to save your battery like night mode for auto turn off data and im telling ya a ton of options google or go to the market and look up superpower v0.75 hope this helps oh and I'm running a oc kernel at 700+ ondemand with setcpu and that can be turnd on to conservitive and lower the cpu to 125 and 600 like zefie did lol good luck ;-)

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
i did notice as well..that after 2weeks the Optimus S was draining on battery however..

its was some of the apps i was using....

now my phone is rooted..i do have cachemate..however the other day i downloaded.. "JuiceDefender(beta)" from the market..and even though some people say it drains their phone more...I had my Optimus S on a full charge yesterday..took off charge at 2pm(saturday)..used it constantly, calls (averaged above 3hrs of talk time(and in roaming areas)), net, facebook, twitter, yahoo, txting..left it off the charger over night..and at 1:25pm (sunday) finally got 10%warning..not bad ...will keep notice on this app..but so far working nice...

dougdeep

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
On two occasions in the last week, I've had the news and weather app start consuming large amounts of CPU for hours on end. I found my phone very hot in the morning, and that was the culprit.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey outdors21 I have this app installed its called Superpower v0.75 its a app that this dude made over at xda web site it was for other phones and never mentioned are phone but ever since I installed it I use my web alot and text so it was a great battery for a while but I always like to over dew on extra battery saving you get way more saving options to save your battery like night mode for auto turn off data and im telling ya a ton of options google or go to the market and look up superpower v0.75 hope this helps oh and I'm running a oc kernel at 700+ ondemand with setcpu and that can be turnd on to conservitive and lower the cpu to 125 and 600 like zefie did lol good luck ;-)

Actually I'm down to a hidden 98mhz now :) And I find ondemand and/or interactive (newer kernels) to be better than conservative. conservative just scales up slowly, which induces alot of lag. ondemand just jumps around as needed (600 straight to 98mhz, whatever) interactive is the same except they changed out it polls or something.

If I recall, conservative was designed when the buggy AMD chips were released that could not scale directly from low to high. For example it needed to go 1->2->3 not 1->3.

ws1088

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got my optimus s yesterday night. Charged it up to 100%.
Today morning I called to activate, it install the v9 update, I install a few apps, and the "Sprint" SprintID, do some normal web browsing, gmail sync-ed, no wifi, and guess what?

in 5h30m since unplugged, battery level is at 18%

Android System 35%
Cell Standby 28%
Display 14%
Phone idle 14%
Google Maps 6%
Voice calls 3%

Did i do something wrong, or the battery is bad or need to be "breakin"?

rodcpierce

Android FTW. Apple FTL
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I reccomend atleast 2 full charges then run it all the way until it runs out and dies. then fully charge again and do the same thing. in my experience it takes a little while for it to build accurate battery history

ws1088

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got my optimus s yesterday night. Charged it up to 100%.
Today morning I called to activate, it install the v9 update, I install a few apps, and the "Sprint" SprintID, do some normal web browsing, gmail sync-ed, no wifi, and guess what?

in 5h30m since unplugged, battery level is at 18%

Android System 35%
Cell Standby 28%
Display 14%
Phone idle 14%
Google Maps 6%
Voice calls 3%

Did i do something wrong, or the battery is bad or need to be "breakin"?

Yesterday I decided to flash to thunderom. Today, after 5h 42m of light use:

battery level is at 76%

Cell standby 61%
phone idle 32%
display 6%
Map 2%

Compared to yesterday, I wonder what "Android System" is all about...???

c1phr

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
To those of you that are still running the stock rom that installed a Sprint ID pack:

Use the "Clean" pack and see what happens. That will remove all the sprint ID functions. That's what I've been using on my phone for a few weeks now and 13hrs since unplug, I've only used 16% Android System. I think the Sprint ID packs do a lot of processing, even when the phone is in standby.

And at this point, I'm at 56% charge with about 45 minutes of Pocket Legends and about 15 of Angry Birds, and relatively frequent facebook checking.

Also, if you still have battery issues and Android System isn't the issue, check how long you've been out of service area under Cell Standby. I've noticed that this phone doesn't get service as strong as all the areas that my old "dumbphone" used to, so I have to leave it in airplane mode most of the day when i know I'm in an area with poor service. Just a thought though.

afreed1

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been using this phone in the same locations as my EVO and the time without a signal is 50%. In general, with the EVO, I get no time with out a signal. This has caused my Cell Standby to be at 59% of battery usage. My battery is still lasting about 14 hours but I am going to try and keep the phone in a good reception area and see what happens. I rooted the phone and am using ThundeROM. I am not sure how the battery life of this ROM compares with the stock setup.

I really like this phone. I got it free for a relative and put it on my account to try it out. I many ways I like it better than my EVO. It is smaller, uses less energy, fits in the pocket well, does not cost $10 per month extra, and runs really smoothly. If they are still giving them for free when we have our next upgrade, I may replace the EVO with it.

rodcpierce

Android FTW. Apple FTL
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
on the hero there was an issue with cell standby also when they put Froyo on it. I know a dev named AOSP had a fix for it. I wonder if one of the Dev's here could look into the code, and perhaps incorporate it into our roms here?

afreed1

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
on the hero there was an issue with cell standby also when they put Froyo on it. I know a dev named AOSP had a fix for it. I wonder if one of the Dev's here could look into the code, and perhaps incorporate it into our roms here?

The fact that the Time without a signal seemed fixed at 50% made me think that it is a bug in the software. I did some looking online and found that this is a known bug with some other LG phones. I did a fix that was on one of the forum postings.

Turn airplane mode on and then turn it off. After doing this and charging the phone, my time without signal is at 0%. I am not sure if this is a permanent fix but it is working for now.