PLaying AVI videos?

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I've copied some AVI files over to my Optimus S but they won't play. Is there some app I can download that will play them? What formats will the Opt S natively play?

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
There is a app on the market I think its called avi player and I remeber my brother downloading something not sure of the name but it was like something windows player like lol but if you general search the market and type video players a ton will come up also search mp4 players if that dont work but no to sure on what the phone has for limits on what it could play and good luck on finding a video player

chardog

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
encode lower bitrate and framerate. I typically do 20fps on my older tp2, and the vids looked fine. Carried over to this phone fine as well.

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Try. RockPlayer in app market. Pretty good. Prob one of the better apps out rite now or can also try. Act 1 player its so.so

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Rock Player and it played my AVI's just fine. However, the installed size quickly balloned to 20 mb after watching two 5 minute video clips. I imediately got the dreaded "runnign out of memory" notification. It initiallt installs at about 4-5 MB which isn't that bad but I don't have room for a 20MB app. Especially if it keeps getting larger.

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmm weird I just finished watching a 2hr movie wit no warnings etc..but when im done wit runs like that I use. Cachemate (rooted) n chckd app no bloating..unless im missing something btw movie was around 800mb

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000