Dislike native email client

zcostilla

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Disclaimer: I am a total android noob, just left iPhone/att

So trying to get used to froyo, I am fairly pleased with the switch, but I hate the email client. I get notifications when email goes to the spam folder, it wont automatically go to the combined inbox by default, and deleting emails still leaves them on the server. I tried K9 but it wouldn't push notifications consistently once I disabled the native client. Am I being dumb, or are others having the same issues?

zcostilla

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The standard client because I use multiple accounts. Pne is gmail and a the other yahoo. But when I get a gmail mesaage I get the no tification from both clients.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
There is no way to stop the mail from coming in the gmail client but you can turn off the notifications in the settings in gmail. That should solve that issue. I couldn't figure out anything with the spam folder issue. Neither clients on my phone even have a spam folder. Unless your using the universal inbox, you might try the specific clients for gmail and yahoo. I don't use yahoo but have 4 gmail accounts on my phone and have no problems.

cjlemke10

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone had found a way to set up a swipe delete at the inbox level? I had gotten used to the ability just to see the email header and swipe it to delete. Now I have to go into the email body and delete from there.

zcostilla

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I dont have a spam folder on my phone either but when I get spam I still get the notification on my phone even though I have no capability to check my spam folder. I hate constantly checking my email and finding an empty inbox.

zcostilla

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
found improved email and giving it a try. We'll see how it goes. None of these seem to be as good as the apple email client, but AT&T and the iPhone itself had too many other limitations, so the tradeoff is worth it. I'm not going back!