Gingerbread Keyboard Fix:

Thanks to shortyjacobs
    for finding out how to fix issue with loading gingerbread keyboard....
    so if you have been getting the following errors..

Verifying Update Package....
    E:Missing file: system/tts/lang_pico/es-ES_ta.bin
    E:Verification failed
    Installation aborted.

DO THIS....

No Errors now!

Allrighty folks. Download the zip from the page below. Turn off Verification in Custom Recovery.

Then Backup and flash. It all works. Long presses, short presses, everything. I really like it too....great improvement, might pull me away from Swype!

Guide: Install Android 2.3 Keyboard - BriefMobile

Also, after flashing and rebooting, you have to long press in a text entry window and select "Android Keyboard". (for any newer users ). Finally, you might want to backup LatinIME.apk in the /system/app/ folder before you do this...

(also, that link says haptic feedback, (vibrate on keypress), doesn't work, but it works on my phone if I turn it on in the settings page, (hit the little gear to the left of the spacebar, hit options, turn on vibrate).)
    attached file has been updated.
    12-07-2010 06:01 PM
    Ya I tryed it to and got the same thing its a cool looking theme setup but its not working if you find anything more on a fix could you post it thanks

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    12-07-2010 06:52 PM
    You have to turn off "Toggle Signature Verify" in Recovery in order for this to install.
    12-07-2010 08:03 PM
    You have to turn off "Toggle Signature Verify" in Recovery in order for this to install.

have tried that..still get installation aborted
    12-07-2010 08:06 PM
    Maybe has something todo with having custom recovery v.1.1.0. ...

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk
    12-07-2010 08:37 PM
    Turning off Signature Verify gives:

Opening update package
    installing update
    E: Error in /sdcard/GingerBreadLatinIME.zip
    (Status 0)

Installation aborted.

hrmmm
    12-08-2010 01:48 PM
    Ive used the link and gotten that error that everyones taking about and then I downloaded the other one thats hosted on the android central website someone posted witch downloaded but shoots out this when you long press it says application error the application has stopped unexpectedly error latin.ime
    12-08-2010 02:04 PM
    But it works on all froyo devices lol.
    12-08-2010 04:56 PM
    I'm getting the same error as everyone else.
    12-08-2010 05:18 PM
    No Errors now!

Allrighty folks. Download the zip from the page below. Turn off Verification in Custom Recovery.

Then Backup and flash. It all works. Long presses, short presses, everything. I really like it too....great improvement, might pull me away from Swype!

Also, after flashing and rebooting, you have to long press in a text entry window and select "Android Keyboard". (for any newer users ). Finally, you might want to backup LatinIME.apk in the /system/app/ folder before you do this...

(also, that link says haptic feedback, (vibrate on keypress), doesn't work, but it works on my phone if I turn it on in the settings page, (hit the little gear to the left of the spacebar, hit options, turn on vibrate).)
    ltrz likes this.
    12-08-2010 05:55 PM
    Update: I use this file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12352795/apk...d-Keyboard.zip I got from the dInc forums. Flashed in recovery and everything is working fine
    12-08-2010 06:29 PM
    yeah got it working. using fabolous_GBKB_Fix.zip (can be found on first post). not to bad of a keyboard.
    12-08-2010 06:35 PM
    No Errors now!

Im typing this with it! It works! Thanks so much
    12-08-2010 06:35 PM
    Works great for me, just had to disable the signiture check in recovery. The keyboard is amazing, I don't have to use swype anymore! The autocorrect even makes typing in portrait mode managable. And it's very attractive.

My only gripe is that "Im" doesn't expand to "I'm", but I imagine there's some way to edit the list of auto-replace words
    12-08-2010 07:52 PM
    that says you have to have a deodexed rom. which is something i don't have.
    12-08-2010 08:18 PM
    that says you have to have a deodexed rom. which is something i don't have.
    I don't even know what that means....all I know is I'm rooted, running the custom recovery linked on this forum and ThundeROM, and it works...

Edit...researched...ok, so now I kinda know what it means. Since it works on my phone, I guess ThundeROM is deodexed?

Double edit: Yup, it is. So is nROM.
    12-08-2010 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD