[APP] Roam Control Optimus (NO ROOT REQUIRED)

tylercornel2015

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Here is a basic beta application that gives you access to roam control. Please report any bugs in this thread.

Also, this application is now featured in nROM, give it a shot. It also needs a lot more work because I am by no means an application developer and learned everything you see here in the last two days.

If this helped you out remember to thank my post.

That is so helpful. I hate the service here!

Sparty73

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I posted this question in a separate thread I created, but I think it was deleted(?!). This is an awesome app/menu access trick for our FroYo builds, but is there a way to control roam on one of the Gingerbread ROMS? I've seen a couple apps on the market, but I'd rather not go through the hassle of installing GB and trying one out if someone already knows if they do the job.

Any ideas? Thanks!

shazam13244

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Here is a basic beta application that gives you access to roam control. Please report any bugs in this thread.

Also, this application is now featured in nROM, give it a shot. It also needs a lot more work because I am by no means an application developer and learned everything you see here in the last two days.

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It is basically accessing a menu within the LG Hidden Menu package - if the function is missing in future official ROMs, then you won't be able to access it either way...

Sparty73

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
It is basically accessing a menu within the LG Hidden Menu package - if the function is missing in future official ROMs, then you won't be able to access it either way...

True, but I don't really see any reason that the hidden menu, or something very similar to it, wouldn't be accessible in future "official LG" GB ROM builds.

Once LG/Sprint release an official GB upgrade, the ROM builders will (assuming it's quickly rooted) be able to build GB ROMs that should allow access to a hidden menu similar to what Nick7 uses in this "app."

Kraziejason

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Will this work with evo 4g?

Hey guys,

Modmyppc

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Had to post to see the apk.

Thanks I had great service with verison in my house. Have horrible service with sprint.

Im hoping I can turn on roaming and solve my signal breaking issues.

Thanks

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
According to reports if you violate the roaming limitations in your contract for a few consecutive months, you get a letter to stop doing that, after which if you continue, they'll terminate.

Your experience may vary though. They might do nothing, they might terminate without a letter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr