[APP] Roam Control Optimus (NO ROOT REQUIRED)

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I was having a problem using the roam feature and I found that if I go into the band preference and select "cell only" my roaming is much better.

bobbb

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Im having an issue i flashed your rom last night nick and i havnt had internet since.... it says EV or 1x im not sure whats happening ive tried everything i know to.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Im having an issue i flashed your rom last night nick and i havnt had internet since.... it says EV or 1x im not sure whats happening ive tried everything i know to.

Under settings -> about phone does it say that you have a VD baseband? The ROM requires it.

Reactions: bobbb

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If you flash nROM 1.6.3, ThundeROM 1.8.2 or NamelessROM then it will say VD baseband no matter what radio you have because that information is static. You flashed a VD built ROM so that field will say VD despite whatever radio you truly have. This is why it's important to read OP's, all 3 of the mentioned ROM's listed above state you need a VD baseband prior to flashing it. If you flash a VD based ROM with MVDPM.apk included on a phone that doesnt have a VD radio, one or a combination of things will happen:
1) Your phone will only get 1xrtt connection
AND/OR
2) Your phone will constantly try doing a handsfree activation

To fix it you need to nand restore back to the nand you made before flashing the ROM (you did make a nand backup, correct?) and use the LG updater tool to update the phone to VD baseband, then flash the VD based ROM. You cannot try updating the VD radio while on the VD based ROM because the LG updater tool will think you're on VD because of our software version.

EDIT # 1: I'll find you the instructions and post a link and JIC you don't have a backup I'll find you a compatible ROM to make it easier.

EDIT # 2: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-optimus-s-vd-w-out-losing-all-your-data.html <----- Thats the thread on how to update your baseband without losing root.

EDIT # 3: If you didnt make a nand backup before flashing, which BTW is a big no no, then you're going to need to figure out which baseband you have. To do that go to the ThundeROM distribution page and try flashing Version 1.7 ..... if that works congrats, you have a VC baseband and are running VC software that the LG updater tool will work with now you can follow the instructions on updating your baseband. If 1.7 doesn't work, download and flash 1.6.2 .... this is your only other option and so if this works it means you have a v9 baseband and are running v9 software. Now, follow the instructions on updating your baseband.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbb

bobbb

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If you flash nROM 1.6.3, ThundeROM 1.8.2 or NamelessROM then it will say VD baseband no matter what radio you have because that information is static. You flashed a VD built ROM so that field will say VD despite whatever radio you truly have. This is why it's important to read OP's, all 3 of the mentioned ROM's listed above state you need a VD baseband prior to flashing it. If you flash a VD based ROM with MVDPM.apk included on a phone that doesnt have a VD radio, one or a combination of things will happen:
1) Your phone will only get 1xrtt connection
AND/OR
2) Your phone will constantly try doing a handsfree activation

To fix it you need to nand restore back to the nand you made before flashing the ROM (you did make a nand backup, correct?) and use the LG updater tool to update the phone to VD baseband, then flash the VD based ROM. You cannot try updating the VD radio while on the VD based ROM because the LG updater tool will think you're on VD because of our software version.

EDIT # 1: I'll find you the instructions and post a link and JIC you don't have a backup I'll find you a compatible ROM to make it easier.

EDIT # 2: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-optimus-s-vd-w-out-losing-all-your-data.html <----- Thats the thread on how to update your baseband without losing root.

EDIT # 3: If you didnt make a nand backup before flashing, which BTW is a big no no, then you're going to need to figure out which baseband you have. To do that go to the ThundeROM distribution page and try flashing Version 1.7 ..... if that works congrats, you have a VC baseband and are running VC software that the LG updater tool will work with now you can follow the instructions on updating your baseband. If 1.7 doesn't work, download and flash 1.6.2 .... this is your only other option and so if this works it means you have a v9 baseband and are running v9 software. Now, follow the instructions on updating your baseband.

:O your amazing... i did make a nand backup but it is corrupt or something... it wont restore for anything so i guess i will be need that rom and as for the rest ill go try that now thank you againO:)
Ok i cant do the second one because im stuck in recovery.... i have a thread started on the forums if you wanna help pitch in to helping my dumbness

Last edited:

blegler

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
great app. i drive through spotty service areas all day and this is the only thing keeping my battery alive. i know i shouldn't mess with the other settings, but i am curious if they do anything beneficial, especially in relation to internet. in an aside, when i reboot in an area where i know i can't get a sprint signal, i get 3g for a few minutes. no complaints with that, just want to know if i can prolong my connection ;)

running namelessrom, and thanks for the app!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci