Strange GPS issue

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I have this strange GPS issue. When Google applications, like Maps and Places uses the GPS it works fine. It locates quickly and the GPS icon shows up in the notification bar as it should. When I use the News and Weather app and tell it to get the weather based on GPS location it always fails. The GPS icon never shows up in the task bar either. This also happens in the NPR Radio application. Previously the News and Weather app as well as the NPR app worked perfectly. They stopped functioning after I did a reset of the phone through settings -> privacy, reset phone data.

So today, I tried another reset of the phone, only downloaded the Sprint ID pack and tested again. The News and Weather pp still fails to get a GPS fix (haven’t tried NPR but am sure it will fail also). Its as if the application is not even initializing the GPS because the GPS icon does not show up in the task bar still.

Very strange. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks for any feedback.

EDIT: Stock ROM with V9 update.

avgas#AC

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
When i go into News and weather settings, then select "use my location" its says "no weather location available" and to set a custom location. Is that what you are reffering to? Also happens to me, must be a application issue

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
When i go into News and weather settings, then select "use my location" its says "no weather location available" and to set a custom location. Is that what you are reffering to? Also happens to me, must be a application issue

Yup, thats what I am reffering to. It used to work just fine when I first got the phone. I also tested on my wifes optimus and its failing on hers as well. Which also used to work with no issue. Wonder why it broke all of a sudden. \

I dont think its an issue with that app, it happens with the NPR app as well. Used to work fine then just quit working.

Google apps are still working fine though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers