Caller or number history??

TobyU

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Apparently the Evo has this and Optimus doesn't??

In the call log page, it groups calls from same person or number that were in row without any other numbers between them.

I don't see a way to get the total history for a caller or number.

My last phone (Instinct) had a tab for "555-555-5555's History) or "caller's" history.

I have looked at a bunch of call log apps and none really do this well.

Simple Call Log is closest I found. It only shows last 10 contacts with each number or person and you have to set it in settings. This makes the boxes huge.

I used to be a fan of breaking the log into outgoing, incoming, missed, all.
But the Instinct got me used to having them in chronological order. Now I really need to be able to see the history for a number if I choose.

I was on the fence about getting the Evo or this Optimus S. I didn't want 4g and this one was free. I thought that everything else was the same. Like a little brother to the Evo without 4g and forward camera.
I guess I missed the important call log feature.

Help....:(

apinkel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If I understand what you are looking for, I believe dialer one supports that (and it's free).

The call log will list the contacts name/number and a count of how many calls you have to that contact. If you long-press on that contact it will give you a menu with a "View Calls" option that will list out all the calls to/from that person sorted by date.

It also gives you T9 dial (which the evo dialer also has).

It's one of the first apps I load on my phones.

TobyU

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have tried a couple of them including dialer 1. I just don't know why the stock android call log doesn't have a tab to click under each number for "numbers" history. The Samsung Instinct was so easy with this.

TobyU

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I just checked the Evo and it has exactly what the Optimus SHOULD have. When you go to call logs, and long press a number or contact that is on the list, you get options.
One of which is "history".
It then shows you the entire history of incoming, outgoing and missed from just that number.

This is a necessity for me and should be factory on all "smart" phones.

How can I get the evo call log or dialer software on my optimus???

HELP!!! Please

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc