Company Site: Word Lens

Direct Youtube link:

A real time translator app. Just incredible.

Think our 600 mhz processors could handle it? It's running on an iPhone4 there.
    Aaron Little likes this.
    12-17-2010 08:04 AM
    that would be sweet! hopefully we can get it sometime soon.
    12-17-2010 09:27 AM
    That is awesome!
    12-17-2010 10:30 AM
    sweet, but I cant imagine paying for it.
    12-17-2010 05:24 PM
    i wrote to the Developer asking when we may get this app and this was the response::

Hi everyone, this is John DeWeese and Otavio Good at Quest Visual. Thanks for the overwhelming response! We'll get back to programming soon, I promise.

I'll work my way through the emails, but might not get to all of them; if you are still having some difficulties, please try emailing us again later!

Some frequently asked questions:
    - Having trouble reading anything? Keep an eye on the language bar at the top of the screen -- it should stay on top, and read the same direction as your text. Click the red lock to unlock it, and you can rotate it into Lanscape mode.

- More Languages -- we're working on it! We're starting out with latin script languages, and will expand from there. We won't stop until we get all the way across the globe!

- Android and WinPhone7 users, we hear you! Our goal was to get a great first release on one platform, not OK releases three months late Keep in touch!
    12-17-2010 07:10 PM
    hopefully soon
    12-17-2010 08:14 PM
    That is absolutely amazing! I sure hope Android is the next operating system they tackle.
    12-17-2010 08:26 PM
    At this point i would think its stupid business move if you don't , why would you build for WP7 when Android is a much much larger chunk of market share
    12-17-2010 08:27 PM
    At this point i would think its stupid business move if you don't , why would you build for WP7 when Android is a much much larger chunk of market share
    I agree. Start with android but market it to all smartphones.
    12-17-2010 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD