08-31-2016 03:51 PM
56 123
tools
    new to smart phone, don't know if i am smart enough, trying to use sd micro chip, no menu for unmounting on my phone, has only mount and format sd card, any suggestions??
    06-18-2012 09:03 PM
    new to smart phone, don't know if i am smart enough, trying to use sd micro chip, no menu for unmounting on my phone, has only mount and format sd card, any suggestions??
    Some small advice I should give you: when a thread is this old, that's when your free to make a new thread :-) just thought I'd warn you as most forums have a policy about posting in a topic older than a certain amount of months.

Anyway, why are you wanting to unmount it? If you want to use it with the computer, install the drivers from the rooting thread, then plug your phone into the computer. Drag down on your phone's screen from the top and tap the USB Connected notification. Finally press the button the pops up. :-)

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    06-18-2012 09:15 PM
    One can easily fix any problem like corruption, inaccessibility, etc of memory card With the help of stellar phoenix photo recovery software. For more Details Visit the following site:

Recover deleted cell phone data: Music, Videos, Photos, Contacts, SMS, MMS | Cell Phone Recovery
    05-02-2013 06:46 AM
    Format the card to NTFS not FAT.
    Do it either on your PC or Mac.
    But you must install a NTFS app on the android, otherwise the device will not recognise the card.
    You can format the card to NTFS using the app too.
    The app will auto mount the card when the device is turned on.
    priyanshi likes this.
    06-18-2013 01:21 PM
    I'm going to make a guess here. The phone goes dormant/asleep. The SD card shuts down.
    When the phone is awakened, it tries to access the SD card before the SD card is ready for access, which triggers the dismount response.
    If this is indeed the case, it would seem that a simple software update could give the awakened phone more time before trying to access the SD card.
    Or perhaps, the phone shuts down/sleeps before properly closing all activity on the SD card, causing it to hang when re-accessed.
    Note that I have no specific statistics to base this on; it's just a hunch, based on years of IT experiences.
    Also, I wonder if manually dismounting the card before a shutdown or sleep mode would prevent the problem.
    12-19-2015 02:08 AM
    I closely followed the instructions, but still have the same problem: my tablet (LG-LK430 G Pad F 7.0) is recognizing the miroSD card (PNY 8GB. 6) When I go to Settings and click on Storage it shows the SD card Total space 7.35GB Available 5.18GB and Unmount SD card - all of his telling me that the tablet is recognizing the microSD card. However, the bar that usually shows graphically, in color the used space STAYS GRAY. In addition, I cannot access any of the files on the SD card (only music files). Please give me some ideas of what I can do.
    08-31-2016 03:51 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD