Freezing, Not Responding.. ALOT of problems..

Luckywuffboi

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok.. Heres the thing, i have 2 Optimus S's, mine and my boyfriends.
I have the charcoal one and my boyfriend has the purple one..

Two reasons for this post..

one, what color do you have, and do you have problems..

Two, The purple optimus seems to run like crap, it wont load the gallery.. every time you insert an SD card, it will freeze and wont respond till it's done checking it and everything else, even then it would run like crap after..

Anyone know anything that might cause this?
I've formated the card, I've taken pics off, I've done everything.. Now, i'm at a loss

please help =]

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you using original SD card? Could be many things. Defective hardware, something screwed up in the configuration. Have you tried doing factory reset? Do you have any 3rd party software installed?

You have to approach troubleshooting methodically. One thing at a time and lots of testing. Or if you are not patient, go to sprint and exchange it for new one.

I'm using charcoal and mine seems to work great

Luckywuffboi

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Trust me, tested ALOT
It's not the original SD card anymore, i bought an 8 Gig Micro SDHC card.
i've gone back and gotten a new one, same problem. (new phone)
Acting the same way..
I've tried factory reset, same thing
i've tried not installing anything, same thing
i've tried just having a little bit on my SD card, same thing..
I'm at a loss currently.

Also the other optimus i have doesnt have any problems.
It's the same factors as the purple one.. same typeof SD card, same pics, same apps, and the purple still acts up..

Last edited:

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Very strange. Well i guess your option is to return it and get charcoal one. Let me ask you this. Have you tried using new phone completely stock without any 3rd party apps?

Luckywuffboi

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yup, like i said, i went bak an got a new one, and rght then, before i even set up email or anything, i put the card in to test it and it sill had the same problem.. I dont know what to do, i dont think they will let me do i a second time..

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Some folks claim that you need at least a Class 4 SD card....the class is a little number inside a circle on the card. What class is your new card?

Luckywuffboi

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Well to start.. I talked to sprint this morning and they told me to go back and see i can swap it out again, tried and they said no so i have to go threw sprint and make em send me a new one lol

as for a class 4 Micro, our cards are class 4 Micro SDHC.. My card/Phone works flawlessly.

And i have the grey one because i'm more guyish, he's more girly, so he got the purple. (gay couple, everythings off the rocker in our relationship, standard rules don't apply =P)

Luckywuffboi

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks lolz
I've tried my card in the purple phone as well, does the same thing.. i've tried the card in the purple one in mine, works fine..
Am i the only one who has a special purple one?

Luckywuffboi

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
If only, if only..
Seems to be doing better today, i found someone who said to format threw windows instead of the phone, and i did that.. Hasnt froze yet, and it seems to be able to load the gallery much beter. I dont know..

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Ah so its pointing to the card then :) did you format the card that you use in charcoal one in the computer first?

Luckywuffboi

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, i dont remember.. but i dont think so.. I pulled it out of the package and stuck it in my phone, to be even more honest, i dont think i formated it at all lolz

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown