Stream music to Bluetooth

fiction1990

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a samsung wep500. It works with calls no problem but out will not stream music to it.if I get a call while I have it connected and poweramp is playing it will mute the music and take tje call no problem. When I hang up the call I get music through the bluetooth for a split second and then it goes back to the rear speaker.Is there a setting I might be missing to get it to stream any other time?

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
according to the manual it doesn't support a2dp.
it only supports headset and hands free:

Your headset is compatible with most Bluetooth* phones that are compliant with Bluetooth version 1.1 or higher and support the Headset and/or Hands-Free Profile(s)

fiction1990

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow.. I had not been able to download the manual on my phone so I had'nt looked at that yet.. It is very weird that the manual says that because every review cnet,mobil88 all say bluetooth 2.0 edr and mobil88 is the only one that I could find that said what profiles were supported and it did show a2dp.. Now my question changes a little though, Why do I hear music through it for a quick second when I disconnect a call?.. I did not here that on my 755p or palm pre.

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If its something you really want, the Jawbone ICON supports A2DP, can be had for less than 50 bucks around the web. And its hard to beat the call quality on the Jawbone.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
terms..

Wow.. I had not been able to download the manual on my phone so I had'nt looked at that yet.. It is very weird that the manual says that because every review cnet,mobil88 all say bluetooth 2.0 edr and mobil88 is the only one that I could find that said what profiles were supported and it did show a2dp.. Now my question changes a little though, Why do I hear music through it for a quick second when I disconnect a call?.. I did not here that on my 755p or palm pre.

EDR just means Enhanced data rate. Its supposed to be faster than the original standard.

I put samsung wep500 into google and the first 3 results are from Samsung which lists the manual and the quickstart guide. And with Mobile88 if you look at where it has the profiles the phone supports you'll notice the A2DP: is blank.

"Your headset is compatible with most Bluetooth* phones that are compliant with Bluetooth version 1.1 or higher and support the Headset and/or Hands-Free Profile(s)"

"Thank you for purchasing the Samsung Bluetooth
Mono Headset WEP500."

While some devices do support mono A2DP this one does not sorry.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually, despite what everyone says here - you can. Go to the market and nab Super BT Mono Froyo Free; set up a widget for it and make sure your headset is paired, then activate it. All your phone's audio will be routed through the headset, save for ringtones (though notifications and the like will play through the headset).

Two things to note, one good and one bad: Despite it saying that it's a five day trial, I haven't had any issues using it for a bit. Two, many headsets, while they have good quality for voice, are just not made for music and your may not hear really good music quality with it (in fact, I doubt you will - I looked up the WEP 500 when making a purchasing decision and it didn't seem to have great call quality). But it will work :p

Reactions: TekNiKal

TekNiKal

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually, despite what everyone says here - you can. Go to the market and nab Super BT Mono Froyo Free; set up a widget for it and make sure your headset is paired, then activate it. All your phone's audio will be routed through the headset, save for ringtones (though notifications and the like will play through the headset).

Two things to note, one good and one bad: Despite it saying that it's a five day trial, I haven't had any issues using it for a bit. Two, many headsets, while they have good quality for voice, are just not made for music and your may not hear really good music quality with it (in fact, I doubt you will - I looked up the WEP 500 when making a purchasing decision and it didn't seem to have great call quality). But it will work :p

Good tip. I've had my Incredible for four months and haven't been able to get Slacker to play through my bluetooth headset like Slacker did on my BB Storm. I thought the problem was with the Adroid Slacker app. I just downloaded it, but this app works great so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21