i'm posting this one here as i think it is a problem with this device. never seen this before on other devices.

yahoo (imap) will randomly send me a new email notification. when i open email, there is no new email. looking at the yahoo inbox on my laptop, no new email. it happens often (multiple times a day). sometimes there will be a new email but more often than not, there is no new email.

anyone run across something like this before? any suggestions?
    12-30-2010 06:57 PM
    Have you tried clearing cache, history, cookies on the device.

...after clearing all those - then reboot the phone.
    Web browser > Menu > More > Settings.....
    Good luck.
    12-30-2010 07:02 PM
    Have you tried clearing cache, history, cookies on the device.

...after clearing all those - then reboot the phone.
    Web browser > Menu > More > Settings.....
    Good luck.
    thanks for the suggestion. i have flashed a rom and gone back to my nandroid backup. i'll trying as you said and post back up if it fixes the issue or not. thanks again!
    12-30-2010 07:47 PM
    I'm been having the same problem for a while now. My phone is stock and this happens all the time with my Yahoo email accounts. It happens on almost every email I receive, after I clear the notification, I get another notification a few minutes later but there is no new email.

I tried the suggestions from above and it doesn't seem to help.

Not a huge deal, but pretty annoying.
    12-31-2010 09:49 AM
    I too had this problem. My solution was to switch to the yahoo mail app (search market).
    12-31-2010 01:08 PM
    ok i just figured this one out.

what happens is i check my yahoo online, read the message. android sees that there is a difference between the online yahoo and my inbox on my phone. it'll download the new messages and notify that a message has arrived. it does not care if the message has already been read, it sees it as a new message regardless on the device which warrants a notification that a new message has come in.
    01-25-2011 05:53 PM
    I'll get new email notification for my yahoo email, and there will appear to be no new email. However there is new email, but it's already been marked as read.
    01-26-2011 02:57 PM
    The yahoo mail app in the market solves the problem if you are just using the main yahoo account. I primarily use a yahoo business email account for my photography business that the app as yet does not support. So, I just deal with it until the yahoo app catches up. I'd switch to gmail but I've got a lot of business cards here in a box with the yahoo account on them. Bummer.
    02-04-2011 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD