Phone deletes emails

JChandra1

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone for about a week now and I just noticed that it has been deleting my emails randomly today. My phone will indicate that I have a new email and then nothing will be in there. I recently checked my email on the pc and it had several unread messages in the trash. I have a gmail account and I'm using the stock email feature.

Any advise?

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
i am having a similar issue with yahoo. it'll notify me saying new email, but when i check it there are no new emails. however i can check my emails and nothing is deleted.

are you using the stock email app or the stock gmail app?

JChandra1

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I am using the stock email and gmail app. I have changed the settings in the gmail app (because I can't delete it) so that I do not receive duplicate notifications when I receive a new email.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The stock (Gmail) doesn't delete trash... Anything else can be deleted from the phone. The trash doesn't affect the phone performance at all.

If your Gmail account isn't working properly... try this - menu - settings - applications - manage applications - Gmail and clear Data, Cache, and if available tap on uninstall. Follow steps to log back into your account.

Good luck.

Last edited:

JChandra1

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I tried that, hopefully that helps. I just noticed, also, some of my messages sent from my phone are being duplicated and sent twice.

JChandra1

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well the issue is hopefully solved.

I received an email from the person who bought my old blackberry. Apparently, my emails were still being delivered to that phone even though I wiped the phone clean. A phone call to sprint hopefully solved this problem. :)