my son keeps turning off his gps need to know how it cant be disabled on lg optimus
    05-22-2015 07:58 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is his phone? Are you trying to keep tabs on him? This kind of thing is difficult to do, if the phone is logged into his own account. You could try installing an app like AppLock to lock the Settings, but since it's his phone, he could probably just uninstall AppLock. Or you could be more draconian and require his phone to be logged into an account that you control, but I can't imagine that this would be a good way to build trust.
    UJ95x likes this.
    05-22-2015 11:36 AM
    Assuming a legitimate reason for this (and, as B. Diddy said, good parenting isn't "rule by fiat" or "rule by fear" - "because I said so" is never a good answer), an app like Tasker could be set up to trigger on GPS turning off and turn it back on. It would be illegal unless you're the legal owner of the phone. (Even if the child is 8 years old, if he pays for his own account, federal law says you can't access his phone without his permission. Of course, VERY few network operators - and no carriers - would contract with anyone under the legal age. The contract is voidable on its face.)
    05-28-2015 06:39 PM
    App lock does not lock the GPS. It will lock the wifi, syncing, settings, bluetooth, etc. However it will not give you the option to keep GPS locked. I can't seem to find an app that will let me do this. Just an FYI, I manage a security company and my guards keep turning off the GPS on the phones. It's a real problem.
    05-13-2016 03:23 PM
    you will need root and a way to edit an SQL database on the phone to do this, or an app that can do it for you like Cerebus (which also needs root to do it)

Alternatively, you could set an ADM device policy through a service like AMTEL that will keep the GPS on, but that can be pricey.
    05-13-2016 03:36 PM