picture messages not opening in gallery

kevintranca

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was experimenting with handcent and gosms when I realized that when trying to open picture messages, it opens the gallery application and just shows a blank screen. Is anyone else having this problem? I also noticed that the stock messaging app opens picture messages with another app and if I can get handcent to open the mms with that.

Thanks.

outdors21

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had that issue. I have to 'copy to SD card' to get my picture messages to end up in the gallery. Otherwise, if I touch them, they just get blown up temporarily.

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Maybe deselect "copy to SD card" on a picture messaging setting? I think mine open big temporarily.

Off-topic, but you said you had experimented with both go sms and handcent. Were you able to successfully send picture in go sms? I switched back to handcent after they'd stay pending in go sms for days and days and never send. However, people would get them almost immediately when I used handcent.

kevintranca

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe deselect "copy to SD card" on a picture messaging setting? I think mine open big temporarily.

Off-topic, but you said you had experimented with both go sms and handcent. Were you able to successfully send picture in go sms? I switched back to handcent after they'd stay pending in go sms for days and days and never send. However, people would get them almost immediately when I used handcent.

hmm, is that a real setting found somewherE?

and ill try sending a pic on go sms and report back

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
hmm, is that a real setting found somewherE?

and ill try sending a pic on go sms and report back

I went looking all over my phone and in handcent and gallery settings and couldn't find it, so I guess it's not :( I could've sworn I had seen it somewhere. It looks like there's a handcent MMS+ service that goes with the online account, but I have no idea what it actually does. Probably nothing involving it's own application...