Werid issue where browser says video is unsupported (used to be playable)

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I don't know why it's doing this but I'm noticing over time, I lose the ability to play videos from my browser - get the unsupported file type error. These are videos that used to work and I've tried several.

I've fixed the problem a couple times and it has come back, so I'm clueless why it does this.

I fixed it by reflashing my nand backup from before flashing ThunderROM and starting over. I ALSO fixed it be reflashing my nand backup of the state my phone was in when I had the problem. (ran backup before flashing to my first nand)

So I'm stumped as to why backing up from "stock" to the state I had the problem also corrected this issue.

Any thoughts what keeps breaking my ability to play videos with the browser? Some tips to try and prevent it from happening? Thanks

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, let me correct myself, it isn't unsupported format, it's "sorry, this video cannot play" or something similar.

Sites, mostly orb and yamgo

And no, stagefright is turned off - All i've enabled is hardware acceleration and jit

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I did that before and didnt "fix" it. It only messed up the picture quality of Crackle (fading color, green bar across top, etc). I was able to stream before turning it on too, so I left it off.

Also, I have it working again, but this isn't the first time I've had trouble. As I stated in the first post, restoring a previous nand fixes it, even restoring the nand made while this was broken still worked which doesn't make any sense to me.

rberkshire

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been having some issues with streaming video in youtube and music with Pandora. I fixed it with a reflash of Thunderrom but was wondering how to check Stagefright to see if it was on or off as I have yet tofind settings for it or JIT?

Sent from my LG Optimus S

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
You have to flash the appropriate build.prop included in the ROM, i think they're saved to your sd card when you flash the ROM. I'm not for sure bit I think jit and stagefright are turned off by default in that ROM.

You have to edit the build.prop to turn them on, but it's already done in the flashable ones included.

tremulos

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
ive had trouble with streaming on a few phones. never on my optimus thakfully. i found that by obtaining my msl from sprint and removing my proxy settings in my internet connections it has cleared it up. here is a short and dirty way to do that.

open phone and dial ##3282#

navigate to multimedia and press edit

enter your msl

(make sure u write down the original settings incase something goes all screwy. it shouldnt.)

change rtsp ip and port to 0.0.0.0 and 0 respectively

back out and your phone will reboot

doing this has increased my browsing speed and the quality of videos i watch.

hope it helps

oh and gk the build props enable jit, hardware accel and stagefright. i have played steaming vids off of orb without any of these enabled. its not necesary to have them enabled but it does help me anyway.