New to the android (Optimus S). Question?

AngelsWin

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone for starters, retiring the Palm Pre for the Optimus S Google android phone.

Be that as it may, there's one thing that bums me out. I am constantly getting "low storage space" alerts which as a result don't allow me to open certain programs or even send a text message.

I am also deleting apps from my phone that I cannot move to the SD card. That is a big bummer for me.

Is there a way to create more phone space or have EVERYTHING except system files on my SD card (I have an 8 GB card now, but planned on getting a larger one down the road.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

- Chuck

AngelsWin

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have that and use it. But it's only good for apps that can be moved to the SD card.

I'm always running out of space, though it says I have 17-20 mb's of space.

Any ideas?

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have that and use it. But it's only good for apps that can be moved to the SD card.

I'm always running out of space, though it says I have 17-20 mb's of space.

Any ideas?

if you use titanium backup, you can move apps that froyo won't allow you to move. the only things that are really required to be on the phone are lwp's and widgets/launcher apps.

if your still finding your self out of room, you can delete old txt msg's. they can rack up easily and take a bit of room. also clear your dalvik-cache. this should free up some room.

if your stilling finding yourself out of room, there is a dalvik-cache to cache mod that will free up another 30-40mb of space. or you can flash one of our custom roms that have dc-c mod already.

AngelsWin

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
if you use titanium backup, you can move apps that froyo won't allow you to move. the only things that are really required to be on the phone are lwp's and widgets/launcher apps.

if your still finding your self out of room, you can delete old txt msg's. they can rack up easily and take a bit of room. also clear your dalvik-cache. this should free up some room.

if your stilling finding yourself out of room, there is a dalvik-cache to cache mod that will free up another 30-40mb of space. or you can flash one of our custom roms that have dc-c mod already.

Thanks a bunch. How do I clear the dalvik-cache or acquire the dalvik-cache to cache mod which will free up a ton of space.

I apologize as I'm not as savvy as an android/smart phone user as most here.

I appreciate your help.

AngelsWin

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If you root and load thundeROM you will gain 60mb space

How do I do that? If you can supply step by step directions, I just may be able to accomplish this. lol

I appreciate the help!

To me, this is the only bummer about the Optimus S phone thus far after having it for 3+ weeks.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

How is this done? I've got Titanium Backup Pro, but don't see the option anywhere. Is there a guide somewhere? I've got a couple large apps I'd like to move (like onboard gps and such).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463