Is it safe to delete stock ringtones?

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I only use maybe 3 of them total for notifications or actual ringtones.
I use custom ringtones for everything else which are stored on memory card. I'm just wondering if it is safe to delete the stock ringtones to save some space since a majority of them take up more then 150KB some even 400KB.

Found the folders under

system -> media -> audio ->

alarms
notifications
ringtones
ui

Some are MP3 format and a majority are OGG

Thanks!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
They are in the system directory so deleting them will neither save nor add space to the data directory which is what you're looking for.

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh I see, thanks.

So deleting them will only decrease the lame choices?

Since they are all in the system folder would doing so be safe or should I just let them be and continue scrolling through blah and blah blah sound effects?

Can I replace the PowerOn.mp3 with a sound of choice under ...

system -> sounds -> poweron ?

I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem if I create my own sound and rename it PowerOn.mp3 and just replace stock boot up sound.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Oh I see, thanks.

So deleting them will only decrease the lame choices?
lol, correct. That's a funny way of saying it but yes, it would only reduce the lame choices.

Since they are all in the system folder would doing so be safe or should I just let them be and continue scrolling through blah and blah blah sound effects?
We'll that's up to you. I don't see the harm in deleting them but keep in mind that /system is r/o so you need to be rooted to deleting anything from that directory.

Can I replace the PowerOn.mp3 with a sound of choice under ...

system -> sounds -> poweron ?

I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem if I create my own sound and rename it PowerOn.mp3 and just replace stock boot up sound.
Yeah absolutely. You just need to make sure the name is the EXACT same of the file you are placing in there. Again though, system is r/o so you need to be rooted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams