Freeing up "Internal Space"

AVanover5

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
The total amount is 165 MB and it's located at /data. This directory is important because the apps you download go into /data/app. Well, I found that you can delete the tombstone files in /data/tombstones. They're basically just log files for crashes. Then you clear the log_files.xml under /data/system/shared_prefs. Is there anything else that can be deleted safely under /data? And how can I increase the partition size without bricking?

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

AVanover5

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that! :D Yeah, I have Xiona on the Stock ROM (I seem to be the only one that likes it xp). Yeah, that freed up about 60 megs...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

AVanover5

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Also, everything in usagestats and dropbox can be removed safely in /data/system, batteryusage.bin can also be removed.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

cdmartin95

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
OK my wife has a optimus and she is constantly getting the low space warning i am wondering how to get to the tombstone files the phone is not rooted if that makes any difference

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
OK my wife has a optimus and she is constantly getting the low space warning i am wondering how to get to the tombstone files the phone is not rooted if that makes any difference

Not sure if you can modify /data if not rooted, but you can go into "Settings->Applications -> Manage applications" and go through apps one by one. If it allows it, click "move to sd" for each app to open up space. (Can be done even if not rooted)

Sent from my phone...excuse the spelling mistakrs.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
btw, saved browser info takes up a LOT of room (I just noticed mine crawling over 21 MB...)

clear cache's on some apps - just a thought...

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
...you can go into "Settings->Applications -> Manage applications" and go through apps one by one. If it allows it, click "move to sd" for each app to open up space.
Instead of checking each app one by one, you can run App to SD by the Dolphin Browser team. Run it, press Menu, then "Move all". It will bring up the Manage Application screen for each app that can be moved to the SD card in series. There are other apps with the same functionality in case App to SD isn't to your liking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae