Lg optimus s

shandatt88

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Many people purchase phones specifically for its capabilities. It was proven to me a month after I purchased my phone in the Etown,KY Sprint store employees that they were aware of the software problems with the LG OPTIMUS S, not being able to read SD Cards was a known problem 11/18/2010. Meaning they are selling the phone and not warning the customers of the issue.If the phones are unable to read SD Card then it can't do certain things such as take pictures. As a valued customer and have to pay my money for things I can't do is unfair to me. For I have been complaining about the issue the week after I purchased the phone. My sd card has been switched out four times. I contacted Lg Support who says they aren't aware of the issues of the Lg Optimus not reading SD Cards. I've been calling customer support,I've been visiting the Sprint Stores and Corporate Stores still no one has solved my issues.Now that my thirty days has passed Sprint refuses to switch my phone or anything in that matter.If I'm able to sue them I will because it's beginning to really **** me off.Etown,KY store customer service is terrible from the manager to the employees. LG gave me the option of sending my phone to them in Texas but I will be out of a phone for a while,sprint won't give a temp phone, so am I to send my phone and be phone less. I'm in the Military so I need my phone. I love this phone,I wouldn't be going through all this trouble if I didn't but Sprint itself to **** with them.They should've told me about the problem with the phone and gave me a chance to choose if I wanted to deal with it not make my choice for me. Now I'm suck paying for things I can't use,for something that's been being worked on for two mths now,SURE WAY 2 GO SPRINT...

jtcady

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
That is why you read up on the phone before you buy it. But seriously, all it takes is a good microSD card to fix it. Buy one from Newegg or something for $20. I got a 8GB Class 6 card for $18.99

RoberMR

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I replaced the 2GB card with a Kingston 8GB Class 4 card I had in my desk drawer before I turned on the phone the first time and have had no problems with it.

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
i went into my local sprint store and they gave me a 2g blackberry sd card and it worked great. if you are in the military do you travel a lot? if so try a different sprint store and maybe you will have some luck. i was frustrated as all get out when it was happening to me and i did not feel that i should have to pay for an sd card when it was supposed to come with one. i feel you pain and would try a different store and let them know how upset you are.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Notice that he only ranted and hasn't responded at all. Troll much? My 2GB sd card works fine, both of them.

No no no lol. Maybe he/she just needed to vent. We all have to do that sometimes. The important thing is the community came together and offered great suggestions that will 100% fix the problem. When the person comes back BAM!!!!! Answers :)

It's all love here

EDIT - Also JIC the person comes back ... http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...d-card-issue-problem-mounting-unmounting.html

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of the lucky people who, after 22 days with the phone, has had no issues with the included sd card, or any other problems with the phone.

*kanye shrug*

so, while it's a common and known issue, and while it totally sucks that you and many others have dealt with it, it may not be as prevalent as it seems, hence LG and sprint's reaction. and at least it's fixable in most cases.

did you by chance get insurance on the phone? I'm not sure if it would cover this, or if it's too late to get it, but it could be worth it for you?

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
There are plenty of suggestions on this forum for fixing the sd card issue. In fact, this forum is what kept me from returning my Optimus S. Now I love it. Especially after flashing ThundeROM.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk