Wake Lag - What Is Normal?

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I own two Optimus S...one for me and one for my wife. I was wondering if anyone else experiences a wake lag - or delay from waking up the phone until the screen lights up?

Both of mine are in this order:

Press button
Navigation keys light up
Screen lights up

This whole process takes about 1-2 seconds. Not that big of a deal but I was wondering if anyone gets a "press button, phone wakes up" kinda thing or if it is just the nature of the device.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I own two Optimus S...one for me and one for my wife. I was wondering if anyone else experiences a wake lag - or delay from waking up the phone until the screen lights up?

Press button
Navigation keys light up
Screen lights up

This whole process takes about 1-2 seconds. Not that big of a deal but I was wondering if anyone gets a "press button, phone wakes up" kinda thing or if it is just the nature of the device.

No lag here. Do you:
  • Run setCPU profiles?
  • Have SD card unmounting issues?

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I run a SetCpu sreen off profile...my wife's phone is just straight. Like I said, it's not a huge deal...it's like 1 second. No SD card issues at all. But anyhow.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Press button
Navigation keys light up
Screen lights up

Mine and my wifes both exhibit this behavior. Both are 100% stock with no SD card issues.

shoeless1542

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine lags as well. It's annoying now that it's been pointed out to me. I am running stock Thunderom. Any suggestions on getting it to turn on instantaneously?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463