Built in Music App Issue (Skipping)

maru2001

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I unplug my headphone plug the default music app will start and just skip track after track and I have to launch ATK and kill its service. How can I remove the default music app? I am running Thundrom 1.5.

jrsndr

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone a week ago and my stock music player skips and then FC. I downloaded Music Player from the Market and songs play just fine on that app. I am not rooted, just running stock ROM with ADW Launcher. It happens on all formats of music files, even basic mp3 128Kbs.

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if removing the stock music app is smart, but if you WANT to, you have to be rooted, go to system/app and remove music.apk

HOWEVER, I had the same problem at one point and found out that last.fm was causing it. It was a bug in one of their updates that when it scrobbled the music it would skip to the next track. Not sure if they fixed it but I have since switched. Food for thought.

I'd just stick with an alternative music player, PowerAMP has an amazing EQ and even though it says it's just a trial, all it does when that expires (so far) is bug you to buy it but nothing is limited in it. The trial is about 2 weeks I think too.

maru2001

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if removing the stock music app is smart, but if you WANT to, you have to be rooted, go to system/app and remove music.apk

HOWEVER, I had the same problem at one point and found out that last.fm was causing it. It was a bug in one of their updates that when it scrobbled the music it would skip to the next track. Not sure if they fixed it but I have since switched. Food for thought.

I'd just stick with an alternative music player, PowerAMP has an amazing EQ and even though it says it's just a trial, all it does when that expires (so far) is bug you to buy it but nothing is limited in it. The trial is about 2 weeks I think too.

I use winamp but my problem is that when I disconnect my phone from my car aux the default player opens and starts to play automatically but it just plays a split second of the song and then skips over and over until it freezes. I then have to kill its service to close it. I have not used last.fm in awhile and have since uninstalled it and I still have the issue.
I have tried to delete music.apk and I get a protected error, I am rooted.

drummer07

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Just curious to see if you ever found out what the problem is here. I am on a mission to figure out if this is something that can be fixed.

some people have had success with a widget called "headset blocker" in the market. Give it a shot, I've been having the same issue on my LG Thrill and will give this a try.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Weird. If you do go for an alternative music player, you can isolate the default player without uninstalling by using App Quarantine.

Isn't it weird how Android is not as modular as its Linux heritage?

Dammit! Old thread trick got me again! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34