Sleep in my Pocket?

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I?ve been looking for a widget that I can tap and put the phone to sleep. So far, the closest thing I can find is an app called Phone Insomniac which turns off the screen but doesn?t really put it to sleep. Any suggestions?

apinkel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure I follow what you want. The only states I know of are...
-phone off (in which case you won't get calls/texts)
-phone powered up w display on
-phone powered up with display off (normal state when phone is in your pocket)

Short press on the power button toggles the display on/off.
Long press of the power button toggles the phone on/off.

How do you see "sleep" being any different then "powered on with the display off"?

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not following what you mean by "put the phone to sleep". There is no Hibernate like on a Windows PC. Just push the button on the top and it will turn the phone off until you're ready to use it again.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall

Out of curiosity, I did, and the cat was killed.

Although I like it, I don?t need it -- nobody needs it unless their power switch is broken. And now I?m one of the apparent millions that can?t uninstall it.

Settings > Applications > Manage applications > find application name (press name) > press uninstall

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Not that easy in this case. It says I first have to un-check Settings: Location and security: Select Device Administrators: Lock Screen Widget, then uninstall as you describe. But every time I un-check it and say Okay five times, the check reappears.

This app, and I should’ve noticed it up front, Has endless complaints about not being able to uninstall. I’ve emailed the author but don’t expect a reply. Funny thing is, I like and use the widget, but don’t like being led into a trap like this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20