I am hoping someone else can shine some light on this matter for me.

I have 4 lines on my Sprint account. If line 1 has an eligible upgrade, but line 3 is the one that wants a new phone, can I upgrade line 1, and then just do a phone shuffle online to put the new phone onto line 3 and the old phone onto line 1?

Thanks in advance...
    02-26-2011 06:43 PM
    I don't think would be a problem but they may try to get you twice for activation. Best bet would be to talk to a sprint rep and see if they'll do it. If they say no, hang up and try again or try a store.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    02-26-2011 07:00 PM
    yeah you can i just did but you have to activate the phone on the line you upgraded for like 15 minutes then go to sprint.com and switch the phones around
    02-26-2011 09:32 PM
    Once you upgrade your line, if it's a smart phone you're going to get dinged for 10 dollars a month, forever. (Unless you already had an Evo or such, which already charged the fee).
    Once you move the phone to your other line, that line now will cost you $10 extra a month too. (provided you're moving a smart phone to that line.)
    The only way to avoid these fees is to keep status quo. The minute you make any changes to a line with a smart phone, you're going to pay more.
    02-27-2011 08:36 AM
    Sprint is LAME! My upgrade is March 1st, they wont let me do it early unless I use Telesales or in a corporate store. I want Evo so I want to use best Buy, avoid the rebate, they give rebate credit up front. Nope says sprint, it takes 2 days to change your upgrade date, by then it will be march 1st! lol

But to answer your question you can swap phones around online, if there is a rebate involved you need to leave the phone on the line for 30 days, 31 or 32 to be safe
    02-27-2011 09:36 AM
    I am hoping someone else can shine some light on this matter for me.

I have 4 lines on my Sprint account. If line 1 has an eligible upgrade, but line 3 is the one that wants a new phone, can I upgrade line 1, and then just do a phone shuffle online to put the new phone onto line 3 and the old phone onto line 1?

Thanks in advance...
    I recently did this. My dad had an upgrade and I used his to get my new optimus s. If you are worried about activation fee's you can call and they will probably wave them for you if you are a long time customer (or just lay the guilt treatment on them and say you are struggling to pay your bill).
    02-27-2011 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD