Weather App?

coadman

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am a farmer/rancher and do a lot of field spraying where I need to know the wind speed(and keep accurate records), at my location when spraying. Is there an App that can pinpoint my location and give me currant temps, wind speed, wind direction, etc? Or would I get the data from our closest weather site, which is Wichita, Kansas about 50 miles away?
thanks,
Jim

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Try go weather. It's GPS based, has wind speed, direction, temp etc etc. Also has a LWP so all that info can be right on your wallpaper. Best of all, it's free in the market

rodeojud

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Go TO the app marKet and download the Weather Channel iT will give u every thing you need radar windspeed your location temp etc

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If the closest weather station is 50 miles away, then you might only get the data from that station. The phone doesn't have the capability to read wind speed, temp, precip, etc. so it has to rely on data that's uploaded from a weather station to the web. If there is a more local weather station, maybe you can contact them to find out if they upload their data somewhere, then see if that feed is accessible via the web or in an app.

Personally, for something that critical, I wouldn't trust that the data on the web was up to date enough (especially wind speed and direction for spraying), and would want to rely on a local measurement, or better yet, my own measurement.