hey guys i have a rooted optimus s thunderom... and within the last couple weeks i have had to turn my phone off at night and charge it that was however it was still at 75 percent when i woke up on like 14 hours of charge time any suggestions.. can't take it back to sprint cause i can't figure out how to unroot phone!!!
    03-04-2011 12:18 PM
    http://m.forum.androidcentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=45403

That is the unroot guide.

As for your charging issue, I would definitely try a different charging cable first, then if that doesn't do anything take the phone to a CORPORATE store. They will replace the phone on the spot unlike regular retail stores which take 3-5 days to send you one in the mail.
    03-04-2011 12:42 PM
    I had this happen once, wiping battery stats in recovery fixed it.
    03-04-2011 01:35 PM
    So here are your priorities:

1. use a different outlet
    2. use a different cord/cable whatever
    3.do what Farfromuman said
    4. is et it charge while its off
    5....unroot not hard but very time consuming in you dont know what your doing

good-luck I hope I helped,

please click thanks if I helped
    03-05-2011 02:41 AM
    oh yeah and try a new battery
    03-07-2011 07:51 PM
    i had the same problem with my unrooted optimus. when i plugged it in after a full drain, the buttons at the bottom would blink, but no charging would take place. I took it into a corporate store and they swapped the battery. PROBLEM SOLVED! for a while... whenever the battery gets fully drained it won't charge. if it does somehow get a charge on it and i put it on the charger, the battery icon will say it's charging, but the percentage will go down!!!! i am using rocketfish brand chargers for both home and car (i lost the OEM charger within weeks of having the phone). I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not... my sister has the same phone and is using the charger from her old Razr and as far as i'm aware is having no problems.... this is really turning me off to this phone.... no pun intended!
    04-22-2011 02:53 PM