Apps dissappear?!?!?

rodbuster79

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Every so often I lose a few of my shortcut icons (they change to the android and say a link not the app name) and they are nowhere to be found on my phone. anyone else have any issues like this?

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
To add on to what KSmithInNY said, if your apps are on the SD card and you want to continue storing them on your SD card, make sure you read this thread.

RoberMR

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If your apps that disappear are on the SD card, Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage Settings > Unmount SD card and then Mount SD card should bring them back.

This happens with my phone occasionally, and the above procedure fixes it.

Good Luck,
Rob

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same issue on ThundeROM intermittently and my wife on stock just today. Always overnight. I've restored using Titanium backup as they show as uninstalled. Haven't tried an unmount/re-mount. It's never all the apps on the SD, just one or a few. I'll check that out next time.

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same issue on ThundeROM intermittently and my wife on stock just today. Always overnight. I've restored using Titanium backup as they show as uninstalled. Haven't tried an unmount/re-mount. It's never all the apps on the SD, just one or a few. I'll check that out next time.

I've had the same problem with mine. The apps seem like they've been uninstalled, but it was because my SD card was unmounted or rather, the SD card reader wasn't working. To fix it, I unmount the card, wait a few seconds, then remount. Give it a few seconds and the apps should be "re-installed" on your phone.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same problem with mine. The apps seem like they've been uninstalled, but it was because my SD card was unmounted or rather, the SD card reader wasn't working. To fix it, I unmount the card, wait a few seconds, then remount. Give it a few seconds and the apps should be "re-installed" on your phone.

But in my situation, the SD was working fine. I could run other apps from the SD, listen to music, and take photos and have them stored on the SD.

But now that I check, I've recently connected to the PC and disconnected (unmounting and remounting the SD to the phone) and the apps are back. Guess I wasn't free from that SD card issue after all, but it wasn't a full unmount. Maybe I do need to look into VC.. or even VD now... ? :-\

Grrams

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Just happened to me last night. I powered off and then powered on and then different apps were now with broken links and displayed ANDROID icon instead of App icon. I did a battery pull and voila! Fixed.... I hope that doesn't happen to often

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just happened to me last night. I powered off and then powered on and then different apps were now with broken links and displayed ANDROID icon instead of App icon. I did a battery pull and voila! Fixed.... I hope that doesn't happen to often

Were the broken links for apps that are stored on your SD card? If they are, try unmounting and remounting the card first. Saves you the hassle of pulling your battery every time it happens, if it were to happen again. =)