headset mode stuck?

dishe

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I yanked a pair of headphones out to take a call, and it seems to be stuck thinking a headset is still in. A reset didn't help.
Hardware prpblem or any other ideas?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I yanked a pair of headphones out to take a call, and it seems to be stuck thinking a headset is still in. A reset didn't help.
Hardware prpblem or any other ideas?

did you just try to plug the headset back in and pull out,. its a mechanical hang up inside not software thats why a reset did not work,,, try pluggina and unplugging a couple times

dishe

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried inserting/removing another plug a few times, and a can of compressed air. Nothing.
Pretty sure something is physically malfunctioning inside that jack. Worst part is that my mic doesn't work for anything (voice search, etc) because it thinks there is a headset with a mic plugged in.

Will have to spend some time trying to make it out to a Sprint store for repair, I guess. But in the mean time, is there a way to "trick" Android into ignoring the headphone port?
I know back in my WinMo HTC handset days, there was a registry value to control whether a headset was detected, and changing that value (even if only temporarily) would trick the handset into another state.

Can I do that to regain use of my mic in the mean time? I know Android doesn't have a "registry" the way Windows does, but perhaps there is something similar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12