Updated to LS670ZVD Today and RR Mail Issue

bobg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to the new level of Android and now when I try to get mail on my Road runner acct it gives me "connection error". Prior to the update it worked fine. I can send mail with no problem but no incoming. I talked to Sprint and Road Runner and they just pointed fingers at each other. Both tell me, my settings are correct (and they were fine before the update). Anyone else with Road Runner issues after update or thoughts? Thank you. Bob

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to the new level of Android and now when I try to get mail on my Road runner acct it gives me "connection error". Prior to the update it worked fine. I can send mail with no problem but no incoming. I talked to Sprint and Road Runner and they just pointed fingers at each other. Both tell me, my settings are correct (and they were fine before the update). Anyone else with Road Runner issues after update or thoughts? Thank you. Bob
Does your data work at all?

Try settings->about phone->update profile

If that doesn't work try WiFi and see if it works there.

bobg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried wi fi and same issue. I tried pofile suggestion. No change. I tried reloading pop inputs as well. I have found no other issues,just RR incoming mail. Disappointed since it was working so well before. TY for comments. Bob

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I figure I'll chime in here. I have RoadRunner, and on my Droid X both my accounts work flawlessly. However on my Galaxy Tab, only one of my accounts work, and the other I get a connection error, even though it passes the set up tests. So to experiment I made anew RoadRunner address and it works flawlessly like my other account.

I ended up just using K-9 Mail on the tablet instead of the native Android client which works flawlessly. I then did some reading on K-9 and found out its 100 percent based on Androids native client, but with MANY tweaks, options, additions, etc and is so much nicer.

I do know that Samsung uses their own email client on the Galaxy tablet, though I think it's just a skin (for tablet ease) over the native client.

Anyway, long story short... Road Runner's email is finicky.. While it works fine on one device, I had to use K-9 for the other.

I highly suggest K-9, very happy that a Verizon rep showed it to me.

bobg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
FYI everyone. My RR incoming mail was working again this morning. Maybe just needed some time for protocols or whatever to work their way through systems after the Android update. Both Gmail and K9 look like good alternatives if it becomes an issue in the future. Have a good day. Bob