I was recently watching the Engadget review for our phone and t-mobiles version,and noticed the better camera app. Is there a way to port the Optimus T camera app to our Optimus S??
    03-21-2011 11:10 PM
    Probably, since the biggest difference between the phones is that the home and menu buttons are switched. But don't take my word for it, I'm not a dev. Would be interested to hear their opinions on this.
    03-22-2011 05:40 PM
    I didnt think the T has the camera button. Or am I wrong
    03-22-2011 06:44 PM
    Does anyone know what would be involved in extracting the app out of a dump/Rom? There's one in the T forum.
    03-30-2011 07:04 PM
    Does anyone know what would be involved in extracting the app out of a dump/Rom? There's one in the T forum.
    I haven't tried, but tempted.. It seems as though it shouldn't be a big deal to pull it out.. once you get the apk file you could probably use adb to rm the camera apk, reboot recovery, wipe dalvik-cache, then replace the apk via adb.. granted this is speculation and i'm not a dev..

may give this a go though.. gotta love the nandroid
    03-30-2011 08:18 PM
    I have been tempted to take the camera off a Incredible and see if it would work on the Opt S but it is a 8 mp and not sure if it would wrk.
    03-30-2011 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD