Setting Wallpaper

kpfeiffer

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok...possibly a stupid question...

I have a wallpaper that is 320x480. Technically, this is the same dimensions as my screen. Why...why??? Why do I have to still crop the image when setting it as my background. I want the full image. If I crop it, it looks zoomed in and funky, the resolution is poor and all of the colors of the image aren't displayed.

Thanks

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I have a wallpaper that is 320x480. Technically, this is the same dimensions as my screen. Why...why??? Why do I have to still crop the image when setting it as my background. I want the full image. If I crop it, it looks zoomed in and funky, the resolution is poor and all of the colors of the image aren't displayed.

Thanks

I think it has to do with the fact that launchers display more than one screen worth of pixels. Its more along the lines of 720 * 480 (w*h). Don't quote me though.

Sent from my breaded GingerNook...

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I believe when you crop it you can just grab a corner and make the crop bigger.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

kpfeiffer

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Did a little more Googling tonight...

Found that you have to resize the image to 960x800 in order for the full image to be set as the background...without cropping.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

I use the "MultiPicture Live Wallpaper" app from the Market.
It lets me use any picture from my Gallery and gives the option in "Crop/Resize ratio" to show entire picture and it works great for me.

Just my $.02

Mav. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance