Officially Peeved...

Ranji

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now I've got a fun one for everyone.... while my card was mounted and trying to run a defrag (not really sure why I did it, but I'd just upgraded to VD and got TR as well, figured clean up the whole "install" mess, anyways), when my mother saw fit to call me (I'd called her before doing this letting her know NOT TO CALL as I would be working on the phone). I'd immediately ignored the call, but the damage was done. Now my phone says that the SD is removed and I can't get it to recognize my card. I've tried removing it and replacing it several times, and a couple of reboots to no avail. Windows wont format it, citing it's write-protected, and I lack an sd reader.

What do?

Ranji

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hadn't thought of that one, did it and I can actually see all my data, so I'm going to back everything up to my PC and then reformat and replace it while in recovery, hopefully I don't lose anything.... moral of story, I hate mothers....

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I once fried an 8gb sd card by simply ejecting and re-inserting it... luckily Kingston replaced it without any qualms... (I just lost my data) :(