sd card unmounts when i connect it to cpu via usb

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
this is a new problem for me, i am running the latest TR rom, not sure whats causing it but when i connect my phone to my cpu the sd card unmounts itself....i seen threads that state winamp is the cause but i never had the app..what else can cause this problem?

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
kernel

Which kernel are you guys using?

If you are Zefie's number 13, that is a side effect. Just go into SD Card & Phone Storage and remount after you are done with your file manipulation.

Reactions: debh945

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
Thanks Simon, I am running Zefie's #13. It's such a minor issue it doesn't really bother me. I always remount as you advise and it doesn't affect me otherwise. But it's good to know that it is just a side effect of the kernel.

Sent from my Veganized Gtab using Tapatalk

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Simon, I am running Zefie's #13. It's such a minor issue it doesn't really bother me. I always remount as you advise and it doesn't affect me otherwise. But it's good to know that it is just a side effect of the kernel.

Sent from my Veganized Gtab using Tapatalk

As the CPU is the King of Hardware, so the Kernel is of Software. It literally touches just about everything.

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Nice to know - it's really weird how the SD card is even sometimes accessible to the PC when the USB cable is connected without the mount option turned on. Then my PC starts accessing the SD card randomly and I would unplug the cable in the midst of all this, causing file corruption on the card. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1