07-30-2013 11:28 AM
31 12
tools
    Ok yesterday my wifes Optimus started giving low memory and text full errors. I checked her text messages and she only has 1100 of them, has anyone else gotten text full errors??
    delete some text
    06-18-2011 05:08 PM
    Alright, I am frustrated with this too.. And today I just discovered a new memory hog that totally messed me up.. Youtube app.. I was bored so I want to watch a pretty long video on youtube and it I switched to HQ. now right before I did this I had 22 mb of storage.. once I started watching it.. (which I didn't finish) I got the low storage error. when I looked I had 11 mb left.. And nothing I could do would pull it over 16 I moved almost everything I could to the SD card using Titanium. I deleted almost all my texts.. Signed out of facebook (which you don't need to delete the app just sign out now and then and it frees up 2 to 3 mb each time) I cleared the cache, i finally had to delete a couple apps I use to just to get it back.. It seems like with this phone some apps when run it keeps data somewhere and it wrecks the internal storage.. any Ideas? It had to be the Youtube video. I have no idea where it would store the video. I cleaned the cache for the app and nothing.. I love this phone but this really makes me want to throw against the wall

I am rooted obviously.. and I was thinking of flashing a custom rom.. two problems I want an ultra stable one that works the same as stock and that stock apps will work on. as well as no bugs any recommendations?
    two I know how to flash a rom, my issue is how to get the custom recovery installed.. I have everything I need downloaded just have no idea how to get it on the phone. so any help to point me in the right direction will be appreciated

Thanks
    06-20-2011 01:46 PM
    If you're specifically looking for the apk files, DL'ed apps will be in the following folders:
    //data/app/
    //data/app-private/
    06-28-2011 11:33 AM
    I have an LG Optimus Zip. It was purchased at Walmart for Straight Talk. A lot of people complain about the storage on this phone. The internal storage fluctuates on my phone from 18 mb to 50mb. I read on line in order for the Android OS to work you need at least 25 mb. I have a huge 32 gb sd card but, unfortunately everything that I can possibly move from the Managing Apps screen has been moved to my SD card. The only thing that remains that daily sucks up 30 mb is Facebook. What I do in order to save storage is I click on CLEAR DATA on the facebook app. This will cause you to loose your log in and your automatic updates. OH WELL. When you have free time and you want to browse Facebook then use it but, when you are needing a phone clear it out. This is the only way I have found that gives me the most storage. You should also check all the other apps as well for data that you can clear too but, I can guarantee Facebook is sucking up the most. By the way keep deleting texts daily, 1100 is way too much. Also keep deleting the call log too!
    06-03-2013 02:32 PM
    I have an LG Optimus Zip. It was purchased at Walmart for Straight Talk. A lot of people complain about the storage on this phone. The internal storage fluctuates on my phone from 18 mb to 50mb. I read on line in order for the Android OS to work you need at least 25 mb. I have a huge 32 gb sd card but, unfortunately everything that I can possibly move from the Managing Apps screen has been moved to my SD card. The only thing that remains that daily sucks up 30 mb is Facebook. What I do in order to save storage is I click on CLEAR DATA on the facebook app. This will cause you to loose your log in and your automatic updates. OH WELL. When you have free time and you want to browse Facebook then use it but, when you are needing a phone clear it out. This is the only way I have found that gives me the most storage. You should also check all the other apps as well for data that you can clear too but, I can guarantee Facebook is sucking up the most. By the way keep deleting texts daily, 1100 is way too much. Also keep deleting the call log too!
    You could always do the mod to create a partition on sd card and use that as internal storage, I put a 1Gb partition on mine Optimus S.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    06-30-2013 11:27 AM
    how do you move the apps to the sdcard?
    07-30-2013 11:28 AM
31 12