How's your battery life?

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll go all day and still have around 50% by the time I have to put it in the charger in the evening.

I'm not a heavy user though, and I also use Juice Defender + Ultimate Juice.

Mostly Texting/SMS/Phone calls - not a lot of internet usage.

Never on the phone for more than 5 mins at any one time, and if I am, its on the charger.

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
When I used nRom, under moderate use my battery life was way better than that. 6am-8pm I'd have 20-40% left. Same with ThundeRom or Lego.

Now I'm running AOSP CM7 and it's 12:22 with moderate/heavy use and I still have 25% left.

It's something with your phone, not nRom.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
See post #2

Yes - I use it - and yes - it does help my battery life.

Juice defender and Ultimate Juice - WILL NOT HELP - IF you have constant data usage.

What the program does is disable the radios when it detects idle periods - saving battery life.

If you are constantly on your phone / streaming music / internet / etc
then Juice Defender will NOT help you whatsoever - get a spare battery.

IF you have lots of idle time - yes, it WILL definitely help your battery life.

apinkel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is typically around 60% after a 16 hour day (few short calls, checking emails, playing a few games).

The one time where my battery life goes down the crapper is if I'm in a low signal area. Then the battery life drops like a rock or at least it did before the VC/VD update... supposedly those updates helped improve low signal battery life. I have yet to test it out.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I can go morning to night usually before having to plug it back in...

Took it off at 4 this morning (6 hours ago) and currently at 63% - with HEAVY usage on internet all morning...

why I have a USB port on my radio in my car just in case though...

EDIT: 12.25 hours later, still at 47%

Last edited:

j37hr0

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, I have a hottips! charger that plugs into the car, or wall or even off a 9v battery in an emergency, so I don't really think about how long it is between charges. I'm never far from a power source.

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is typically around 60% after a 16 hour day (few short calls, checking emails, playing a few games).

The one time where my battery life goes down the crapper is if I'm in a low signal area. Then the battery life drops like a rock or at least it did before the VC/VD update... supposedly those updates helped improve low signal battery life. I have yet to test it out.

you just convinced me to update

Edit: I just got lazy

Swyped from my Gingerbread'ed Optimus S

Last edited: