LS670ZVD Blank Screen after .cab install for root

jmcclure

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up an LS670 with SW VD. I started to the root process listed here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...ing-ota-ls670vc-vd-using-kp500-diag-mode.html

and now the screen is blank. I think the screen driver for the stock rom must have become corrupt. I can boot into recovery and the screen works fine, but if I boot normal I see the LG logo and then just a blank screen. I can call the phone and it rings, but no display. Backlight works. I can see device in ADB.

I do not have root access. I do have Xionia recovery, flash_image.zip and z4root sitting on the sd card, but not installed.

Without the ability to see the screen I have no idea how to install z4root to get root access to install the recovery. I'm thinking that if I can get that far a custom rom like ThundeRom will fix my screen issues.

Any thoughts?

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you read "Warning #2" of that post you linked? It mentions that you may have newer hardware if your phone came installed with VD. Follow the link in that part of the post and see if it helps.

jmcclure

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did. Still no luck.

Update: I used the AndroidScreencast.jnlp to show the screen on my PC. It allowed me to see the screen and finish the install. Got my screen back and on to root.

Thanks!

Last edited: