Sprint ID quick launch is blinking, asks to install

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that the "ID" portion of the quick launch bar is now flashing. When I click on it it shows "Sprint ID Ready, tap to install". I didn't download any ID packs and I certainly don't want to install any. How can I delete this downloaded ID pack without installing it?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Also, I'm not sure why it would said ID Ready, click to install.... but i know on first turn on of the phone, its mandatory to download one.... pain the the arse when sprint is having data issues and you reset your phone...

The CLEAN ID doesnt install any bloatware you arent going to use, and obviously, you'll have to change your wallpaper back and any icons on your screen, but its the best way imo to go...

(I dont have sprint ID anymore, and I dont miss it at all - well on my main phone anyway)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Also, I'm not sure why it would said ID Ready, click to install.... but i know on first turn on of the phone, its mandatory to download one.... pain the the arse when sprint is having data issues and you reset your phone...

The CLEAN ID doesnt install any bloatware you arent going to use, and obviously, you'll have to change your wallpaper back and any icons on your screen, but its the best way imo to go...

(I dont have sprint ID anymore, and I dont miss it at all - well on my main phone anyway)

If you install the Clean ID you can switch to "My ID" and it looks a little better IMO.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you uninstall Sprint ID and Sprint Installer, then you'll never be bother by it again and you'll have protection against installing an OTA update by accident :)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried to uninstall Sprint ID but the option is greyed out. How can I uninstall it?
It is a system app so you need to be rooted. Then you can just use titanium backup to remove it.

If you think you might ever need Sprint ID and Sprint Installer again, you can back up

/system/app/W_Installer.apk
/system/app/Sprint_Installer.apk

By backup, I mean you can just copy them to your sdcard. However I doubt you will miss them unless you like the Home Shopping theme :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks