Hey Guys,

I am new to android, so bear with me. I recently had a BlackBerry Curve, and my dad had the LG Optimus. I have wanted an android phone for awhile, so my dad said he would switch phones with me. So, we go to the sprint store and got it all worked out. I get home and try to take a picture, and it says Insert SD card... well, there is a SD card in it. Its the one from the BB, and I do not have any of my pictures from the BB when I put the SD card in my LG. So, I put my SD card back into the BB and all my pictures show up. So, I do not know what is going on there.

Another thing, if I go into the calendar, I can not put in a new event. When I click on "New Event" it says, "No Calendars: You have no calendars"

So there are my two problems with the Optimus, other than that, I love it.

Thanks in advance, Blake.
    04-19-2011 06:08 PM
    Hey Guys,

I am new to android, so bear with me. I recently had a BlackBerry Curve, and my dad had the LG Optimus. I have wanted an android phone for awhile, so my dad said he would switch phones with me. So, we go to the sprint store and got it all worked out. I get home and try to take a picture, and it says Insert SD card... well, there is a SD card in it. Its the one from the BB, and I do not have any of my pictures from the BB when I put the SD card in my LG. So, I put my SD card back into the BB and all my pictures show up. So, I do not know what is going on there.

Another thing, if I go into the calendar, I can not put in a new event. When I click on "New Event" it says, "No Calendars: You have no calendars"

So there are my two problems with the Optimus, other than that, I love it.

Thanks in advance, Blake.
    As for the SD card, BB uses (AFAIK) a proprietary file system format on their SD cards. Plain and simple, the SD card needs to be reformatted (which means you need to back up anything from the SD card you need on to your computer).

For the Calendar: On the main calendar screen, press the Menu key, then press More, then press Calendars. What does that show?
    04-19-2011 07:43 PM
    For the SD card, can I just get a new SD card and put it into the phone and then it work?

& for the calendar, it just shows a black screen and it says "ok" & "cancel" on the bottom of the screen.
    04-19-2011 08:02 PM
    Yeah you can put a new one in. The phone should ask you to format it.

As for the calendar it sounds like you don't have a Google account set up.
    04-19-2011 09:59 PM
    As of now, the calender is working, thanks!

As for the SD card, is there anyway that I can format it from my phone, or at least to where I don't have to get a new SD card?

thanks.
    04-20-2011 06:53 PM
    Best option, put the SD card in the BB, and copy everything to your computer...

then go to Menu>Settings>SD and Phone Storage>Format SD Card

it'll format it to be used in the LG, but you'll lose everything on it (hence why you should copy EVERYTHING to your computer...)

SD Cards are relatively cheap now, you can buy them at your local walmart/target/kmart whatever...
    04-20-2011 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD