Battery Life

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

So I have another problem, and this one has to do with the battery life on my Optimus. I have some apps downloaded, but I dont think that it should kill my battery as bad as it does, right? I charge it all night, from about 10pm to 7am. I use it throughout the school day, regularly texting, but by the end of school, which is around 2:30 my battery is in the yellow. So I downloaded a battery saving app, Juice Defender, and it doesnt seem to be helping. Any advice?

Thanks guys.

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted...what rom are u on etc..

Either way rooted or not ..callibrating the batt is a common help. (full charge..let die. Charge up to 100) but only do this once in a long time.

Using juice or many batt savers dont kick in right away. Most times with juice takes a good 5-7days to get the full use of the app. Sometimes sooner.

Another tip how long is ur display-timeout set. Brightness. Etc. lower settings help. Think there are a few threads on this already

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Texano78704

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I found that once I uninstalled Twitter for Android, my battery life improved enormously. I use a different Twitter client, but constantly found Twitter for Android in the list of running applications.

I also put the power widget on the home screen so that I can easily turn on/off WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc.

Last edited:

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This may be a bit too Android 101, but I recommend using toggles to turn off things that you are not using, like for me, leaving bluetooth on when I'm not using it wastes alot of battery. For example, use the power widget that is on the top of this screen:

2011-04-20_20.47.54.jpg

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Also, try 'system panel' in the market and monitor what is being used the most by setting up a monitoring period...8hrs/1day....Yes you definitely have to 'train' your battery and the display will drain your battery if you're not careful. Also certain widgets will kill your battery so be careful which ones you use. Then there's the obvious spare battery solution. But does anybody else find it a pita to carry around a charger everywhere and a spare batt?
http://forum.androidcentral.com/gen...g-started-android-tips-tricks-post483158.html

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Put cm7 on my phone... Been off charge for 6 hours and I'm at 94%... Twitter, facebook, widgets that update a lot, skype kill battery life....

Ps. Regular usage for now, not heavy. My brightness is always all the way down...

Swyped from my g-breaded optimus prime.

outdors21

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
This may be a bit too Android 101, but I recommend using toggles to turn off things that you are not using, like for me, leaving bluetooth on when I'm not using it wastes alot of battery. For example, use the power widget that is on the top of this screen:

2011-04-20_20.47.54.jpg

What do the middle and middle right toggles control? I've never known lol.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for all the responses, my brightness is all the way down & no i am not rooted, honestly, i have no clue how to do any of that stuff. My OS (i think thats what it is, not sure?) is 2.2 if that means anything. Like i said, im a newbie to an android.

thanks guys.

Reactions: shmooperdooper

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
there are awesome walkthroughs in the root/roms forum, but you need patience, an understanding of how computers work, and dos, and some time to fiddle.

i have been able to walk people through over gtalk or skype in like 1-3 hours, depending.

Flonkas

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

So I have another problem, and this one has to do with the battery life on my Optimus. I have some apps downloaded, but I dont think that it should kill my battery as bad as it does, right? I charge it all night, from about 10pm to 7am. I use it throughout the school day, regularly texting, but by the end of school, which is around 2:30 my battery is in the yellow. So I downloaded a battery saving app, Juice Defender, and it doesnt seem to be helping. Any advice?

Thanks guys.

Non rooted and my battery life has always been okay. just takes a while to charge. Once i root hopefully it lasts longer

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
screenshot from two seconds ago.... stock CM7 power widget (in notification area)

phone has been off charge for 10 hours with moderately heavy usage... had it set as a desk clock for a few hours and was surfing the net for a while.

my battery life was alright when i first got the phone, but after rooting and romming, got so much more out of it. even with Overclock... (i can get a pic of current specs if you want :p )

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
screenshot from two seconds ago.... stock CM7 power widget (in notification area)

phone has been off charge for 10 hours with moderately heavy usage... had it set as a desk clock for a few hours and was surfing the net for a while.

my battery life was alright when i first got the phone, but after rooting and romming, got so much more out of it. even with Overclock... (i can get a pic of current specs if you want :p )

Does everything work in stock cm7, like Bluetooth, wireless,tethering, etc.
My bsttery life was great till I installed LauncherPro. And it got worse after uninstall.
Battery info doesn't show what's happening. So I guess its root time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC