I have a sprint optimus s, and have been playing around with apps for this since December. I was curious if you felt there are some apps on the market that seem to just fit this phone like a glove.
    I know some apps just dont work, or work well.

Looking for good solid-
    1. calendar (personal organizer) apps
    2. alarm

I use beautiful widgets and Launcher Pro Plus...as well as Zedge for my backgrounds and ringtones.

I am hoping this phone gets g-bread because I would love to have an equalizer on the phone...its driving me nuts when I plug it into my truck to listen to music lol

Any thoughts, any feedback? Just looking to start a conversation

Coach
    05-05-2011 07:11 AM
    PowerAmp from the market has a equilizer and works great. And don't need to wait for gingerbread and no root required.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    05-05-2011 08:35 AM
    The only app I have tailor made for my phone is Roam Control which came in very handy when I was on a job site with good Verizon cell coverage.

I'm very happy with my calendar and alarm apps. Using the Agenda Widget + GTasks for personal organization. And Alarm Clock Plus is great alarm with tons of options. I especially like the gentle increase in volume.
    05-05-2011 10:12 AM
    PowerAmp from the market has a equilizer and works great. And don't need to wait for gingerbread and no root required.
    Yup PowerAmp is great....in fact that's the only paid app that I have on my phone at the moment....
    05-05-2011 12:10 PM
    yeah i have played around with power amp, it is pretty sweet.
    Money is tight, so I am trying to do my best.
    Thank you for the responses, looking forward to more.
    05-05-2011 12:31 PM
    Can this app be used on a non rooted Optimus? I frequently visit a location that has no network signal and my phone simply refuses to roam. This would be an ideal solution.
    05-05-2011 09:02 PM
    for alarm i prefer alarm clock plus v2... Ive used it since my hero, and the free version has all the functionality...

Swyped from my g-breaded optimus prime.
    05-05-2011 09:14 PM
    05-05-2011 10:59 PM
    Can this app be used on a non rooted Optimus? I frequently visit a location that has no network signal and my phone simply refuses to roam. This would be an ideal solution.
    Yes it can be used on a stock phone. No Root required. It's not in the market so you have to download the APK from this forum and check the box in your settings to install non-market apps.

Just check the link Roam Control The thread is stickyed to LG Optimus forum here.
    Ivy547 likes this.
    05-06-2011 12:40 PM
    Yes it can be used on a stock phone. No Root required. It's not in the market so you have to download the APK from this forum and check the box in your settings to install non-market apps.

Just check the link Roam Control The thread is stickyed to LG Optimus forum here.
    Thank you! I'll give this a try.
    05-06-2011 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD