Deactivating Google Voice

jonnyg333

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I installed GV voice to use it for visual voicemail on Nameless rom v1. I didn't end up liking it so I uninstalled it and deactivated the phone in my Google account. Everything is working fine (data, phone, text) except now you can't leave a voicemail on my phone. When you call the phone, instead of hearing the sprint voicemail message or even the GV message, it just says, "please enter the phone number you would like to dial, followed by the # sign." When you enter a number it just says it "missed that" and to try again. I'm pretty sure it is the same voice of the GV lady and not Sprint's slow talking voicemail lady. So I think it is more an issue on Google's side. I tried reactivating my GV account and it seemed Voice worked fine again, but when trying to deactivate again, the same issue happened.

Anyone install and successfully uninstall Google Voice?

Thanks

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
When you say you "deactivated" your GV account, did you first disable voicemail on your phone through Google Voice? Under Voice Settings, (go to the GV webpage, click the little gear in the top right), then look for a disable voicemail option on the phone. Try that before nuking the account?

jonnyg333

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The first time I couldn't remember if I had done that. That's why I re-installed and re-enabled my phone. GV worked fine the second time and GV voicemail worked again. I then disabled my phone under the phone tab in settings, I didn't see a place to disable voicemail. I assume that setting would have been under the voicemail and text tab. The reason I signed back up was to make sure I didn't miss a setting like that, but maybe I did. Maybe I'll try it again.

PalmFanat1c

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
On your phone pull up the dailer and type in *38 until you dont get an error messages. you can check and verify that it is taken of by going to voice.google.com and then clicking the settings tab and clicking voice settings and you should see your phone number and it should ssay activate google voicemail on this phone.

Reactions: jonnyg333

jonnyg333

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
On your phone pull up the dailer and type in *38 until you dont get an error messages. you can check and verify that it is taken of by going to voice.google.com and then clicking the settings tab and clicking voice settings and you should see your phone number and it should ssay activate google voicemail on this phone.

Thank you. That finally fixed my voicemail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy